Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM master is losing connection with the slave
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM master is losing connection with the slave

justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

A few days ago I had to migrate the master from one server to another in different DC, the migration was ok, database was restored with no problem, slaves were up and running non stop, now after the migration the master is losing connection with one slave only and send me warning emails, I had my DCs run mtr test between them and I did also myself between the IPs and we found no dropped packets, SolusVM support gave instruction to disable the warnings, but did not work still receiving some warnings emails, it reduced a little but did not stop.
The thing is I have more than one slave on that DC and the others slaves were not affected.

I would like to know if you guys had experienced something like that.

Comments

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

Check your email header. ensure that it is not sending out from your old master just to be sure.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited June 2016

What's CPU load, RAM use and network traffic like on the node? It might be worth monitoring this, SolusVM gets a bit crazy when your node does.

Did you run an mtr from both sides?

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • Was happening to me a while back. Cause was some kids were ddosing the server and it saturated the network port.

• Try a ping6 between them. Sometimes the master will get ipv6 for the slave's domain resolvement and if you didn't config it yet, it will take a long time response and thus the warning.

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

@linuxthefish said:
    What's CPU load, RAM use and network traffic like on the node? It might be worth monitoring this, SolusVM gets a bit crazy when your node does.

Did you run an mtr from both sides?

Thank you, the node are new has only 17% load, the cpu load is very low and memory is about 14% used.

DC did mtr both sides and I did myself on the IPs and no packet lost on both cases.

@sdglhm said:
    Was happening to me a while back. Cause was some kids were ddosing the server and it saturated the network port.

Thank you, the node is new, has few VPSs there and we did not detect any DDoS attack, this starts to happens when I migrate the master to another server, also all VPSs are up and running they are not dropping only the communication between this node and master, weird that I have another nodes on the same DC connecting to the same master and they are ok.

@ExpertVM said:
    Check your email header. ensure that it is not sending out from your old master just to be sure.

thank you, I will do it

@vpsrus said:

@ExpertVM said:

thank you, I will do it

Just receive emails from the host and look at the header and they are from the new master IP

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited June 2016

you need to update your new slave's master IP, was that done? /usr/local/solusvm/data/allow.dat
    how bout licensed IP?

@century1stop said:
    you need to update your new slave's master IP, was that done? /usr/local/solusvm/data/allow.dat
    how bout licensed IP?

Thank you, it was done

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2016

If the slave is OpenVZ based it could be a hung container which creates an unkillable vzctl process within a container, the only fix is to reboot the node, you can pretty much confirm this is the issue by restarting lighttpd on the slave or fpm if you upgraded to nginx, if the problem goes away for 30 minutes or so that is probably the issue.

Often the problem is finding out which container was the cause because if you don't find that out first you will end up in the same situation after reboot if the same conditions occur.

• SolusVMSolusVM Member, Host Rep

Can you reply to your support ticket and ask for Phill to take a look please.

@SolusVM said:

Thank you, sure do

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@SolusVM said:

Phill is awesome!

@MrGeneral said:

@SolusVM said:

Phill is awesome!

Hi General, did already waiting for him to answer, thanks

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@vpsrus said:

@MrGeneral said:

@SolusVM said:

Phill is awesome!

Let me know how it goes

• SolusVM support is awesome. They will resolve your issue in no time.

@sdglhm said:
    SolusVM support is awesome. They will resolve your issue in no time.

You are right, they are, always a help hand there

@MrGeneral said:

@vpsrus said:

@MrGeneral said:

@SolusVM said:

Phill is awesome!

Let me know how it goes

They assign me to a L3 support and they change something on the slave that I don't know what they did yet and asked me to follow if the messages stop, I will do it and if everything is ok I will ask them what they did so I can post and can help anybody else that would experience the same issue

Thanked by 1MikePT

Some update, after a these days finally they found the issue, I want to tanks Harsha from SolusVM, for his time and for not giving up, great guys.