Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More intelligent time scheduling software
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

More intelligent time scheduling software

jhjh Member
edited June 2016 in General

Does anyone know if something like this exists:

You have a bunch of tasks/projects. Some are 10 minute tasks that just have to be done (e.g. send X company a quote), others are simple but regular (check X company's backups every Friday) and some are more complex projects that might span a lot of hours.

The level of urgency for each is different too. Some have deadlines and some don't.

Is there anything that can take all of this and produce a sort of calendar to make the best use of a normal work day?

Comments

• Have you tried Google calendar and using your own shorthand in the description to indicate task deadlines/urgency?

• blackblack Member

I vaguely remember this from real-time systems. The EDF algorithm should serve you well.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I think - but am not sure - that Toodledo and OmniFocus both offer support for this, though you'd have to read up. I've never used either...I know you can estimate time and such but I don't know how sophisticated the scheduler is.