Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtkick laucnhed Virtsimple
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtkick laucnhed Virtsimple

support123support123 Member
edited June 2016 in General

"Wait, what's Virtsimple?

We analyzed how our early users used Virtkick and we found two distinct use cases for our software, selling VPS/cloud and managing your own infrastructure. Given this, we added a second product, Virtsimple.
Virtsimple is perfect for homelab or as a virtualization platform for freelancers and software development shops, while Virtkick is about selling that infrastructure to end customers."

https://onboarding.virtsimple.com/promo/earlysimple

Comments

• MadMad Member

Yes, but it's still a paid and expensive software as far as I remember.

Thanked by 1cassa
  • Shame they didn't milk the kickstarter crowd a little bit more, screw open source right?

They could have at least gone down the route proxmox did, with paid licenses and support...

Thanked by 3Nomad MikeA netomx
  • filefile Member

Yes, I don't see how this will capture much of that market with other options (like Proxmox) in existence. It's really not that hard to run your own setup for a homelab environment. Oh well!

• tommytommy Member

rip off

$19
    PER MONTH
    1 HYPERVISOR INCLUDED

OH!!! your panel on cloud :P

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@tommy said:
    rip off

15% of revenue I do find a rip off much more as for some businesses that could be a bigger part of their margin at all.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • MadMad Member
    edited June 2016

Let's be serious, much better SolusVM or Virtualizor at this point for almost the same price:

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2016

Everything what is simple is mostly like expensive.

Like building a PC cost you far less then buying a prebuild one, same with a small Solarplant.

20 Nodes 399$ WOT? Shit.

Thanked by 2yomero cassa
  • FalzoFalzo Member

Neoon said: 20 Nodes 399$ WOT? Shit.

just take a single node, maybe a bigger one, where you can host a lot of small VMs.
    like offers you see around here, 250 VMs per node at $15 per year or something like that which results in merely about $300 revenue per month. now a 15% share directly cuts $45 out of it... sustainable? hmm...

• wozmirwozmir Member

Hi guys - just to let you know, we will be phasing out rev share completely (if any customers of ours wants to stay on it, we will gladly keep the plan for them) and going for flat fee + per hypervisor only. The website will be upgraded within a day or two :)

Thanked by 1Crogic
  • tommytommy Member

@wozmir said:
    Hi guys - just to let you know, we will be phasing out rev share completely (if any customers of ours wants to stay on it, we will gladly keep the plan for them) and going for flat fee + per hypervisor only. The website will be upgraded within a day or two :)

Do you really had customer?
    Look at you competitor pricing, homelab usually spend little money on software.

• wozmirwozmir Member

@tommy we've just started reaching out to homelab people, we've got a software shop using Virtsimple daily - here's a case study: https://www.virtsimple.com/customers.html :)

• tommytommy Member

I've read it before, sadly I dont see advantages using your product. You might reach our /r/homelab good luck with your product

Thanked by 1wozmir
  • kalamkalam Member

Your prices are just silly if you expect to target the homelab market. I'm running a Dell R710 and T20 with Proxmox in my homelab, all for the total cost of free. Why should I pay you $38/mo? Do you provide LXC? KVM? drivers for my connectx-2 SFP+ cards? automatic NFS remote backups? HTML5 console? ZFS support? These aren't even all of the features available, just the ones I use.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited June 2016

Unless you give us a reason not to use Proxmox for our labs at home, there's no way we're paying $19/month for a crappy panel.

Breakdown:

Virtsimple - $19/month basic plan

• limited node control
    • 2 nodes
    • automatic installation

--> Proxmox - $0/month <--

• more control of your nodes
    • unlimited nodes
    • automatic installation
    • free
    Thanked by 1yomero
  • NomadNomad Member

@FlamesRunner said:
    Unless you give us a reason not to use Proxmox for our labs at home, there's no way we're paying $19/month for a crappy panel.

Breakdown:

Virtsimple - $19/month basic plan

• limited node control
    • automatic installation

--> Proxmox - $0/month <--

• more control of your nodes
    • automatic installation
    • free

Wait till with their brand new crap, they con the internet once again.

• JacobJacob Member

A profit share model is ludicrous for the minor margins that most people achieve here.

Not that this is of any interest to me but I would advise that you go for a similar pricing point as SolusVM and provide a 'lure in' promotion for people switching.

• Lol i cant see anyone buying this

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Jacob said:
    A profit share model is ludicrous for the minor margins that most people achieve here.

Not that this is of any interest to me but I would advise that you go for a similar pricing point as SolusVM and provide a 'lure in' promotion for people switching.

Well, not every software provider aims at the LET market.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

I tried VirtKick , its very nice panel and virtkick have great support team , they worked with me over like 8hours , for setting up a server with virtkick .

The thing i did not like about it , there is no control over ANY THING , like client accounts control , and nothing like whmcs or other billing software , where you have so much control over every thing and have many great features .

Hope virtkick will be add more features .

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

RIYAD said: there is no control over ANY THING , like client accounts control , and nothing like whmcs or other billing software

+1, I have to agree with this. I have been discussing these issues with them.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

It's overpriced.

Thanked by 1support123
  • JacobJacob Member

@Clouvider said:

If that was the case they wouldn't be here :)

• k> @Jacob said:

@Clouvider said:

You takes sales where you can get them. Not many companies are going to turn down business because it's not part of their "target market".

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Microlinux said:
    k> @Jacob said:

@Clouvider said:

You takes sales where you can get them. Not many companies are going to turn down business because it's not part of their "target market".

Agreed, that was more of a response for pricing concerns.

• JacobJacob Member

@Microlinux said:
    k> @Jacob said:

@Clouvider said:

They're not going to progress and gain business if their pricing is substantially higher than that particular 'type' of customer is familiar with.

There are many different ways to sugar coat this but the reactions in both this thread and others proves that this product is over priced for the functionality it provides, regardless of the target market.

Only time will tell..

• jhjh Member
    edited September 2016

This is a great idea. We often speak to non-technical customers who want to divide up their own server to run a few different things, to take advantage of lower licence pricing, to make migration easier, sell a handful of VMs to friends etc. and $19/month is not that bad. The higher plans are a bit too ambitious IHMO.

• Would NEVER use any of your product of it isn't open source when there are available free competitor products.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jh said:
    This is a great idea. We often speak to non-technical customers who want to divide up their own server to run a few different things, to take advantage of lower licence pricing, to make migration easier, sell a handful of VMs to friends etc. and $19/month is not that bad. The higher plans are a bit too ambitious IHMO.

Proxmox