Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Needed: UK VPS (ideally London) with 4GB RAM, ~20GB SSD, 2 vCPU - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Needed: UK VPS (ideally London) with 4GB RAM, ~20GB SSD, 2 vCPU

2»

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

alegeek said: Mind me asking what plan you have with him? I'm very tempted to order with him :)

It's called the NekkiSpecial, I don't think it's publicly available :-)

Drop @Infinity an PM, let him know what you want, I'm sure he'll find something for you in his bag of tricks.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Nekki said:

alegeek said: Mind me asking what plan you have with him? I'm very tempted to order with him :)

It's called the NekkiSpecial, I don't think it's publicly available :-)

Drop @Infinity an PM, let him know what you want, I'm sure he'll find something for you in his bag of tricks.

Already been talking via PM, I'm now just looking for feedback from others :)

• JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited June 2016

IBM Bluemix cloud? It's in London, still free and unmetered during the beta (beta is already for years now). Needs a verified account. You can get up to 6 IPv4 addresses you get are allocated to Softlayer or IBM, most time without rubbish. Not sure what the pricing will be after the beta, but their docket container servers has fair pricing too!
    I've only done testing on their platform before. I can't stand for the quality whatshowever.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Think I'm pretty much sorted with @Infinity and @Jack now.

Extra credit - do either of you have an Ubuntu 16.04 image available? Minimal would be preferable.

• @CraigWatson said:
    Think I'm pretty much sorted with @Infinity and @Jack now.

Extra credit - do either of you have an Ubuntu 16.04 image available? Minimal would be preferable.

We have a 16.04 template available for KVM - I'm fairly sure it was a minimal one.

• I went with @infinity :)

Plan on getting one from @Jack too!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@CraigWatson said:
    Think I'm pretty much sorted with @Infinity and @Jack now.

ISO only for now, but if you'd like a template I'll get one made. :-)

• @loveservers said:
    We have a 16.04 template available for KVM - I'm fairly sure it was a minimal one.

Legend, thanks. Is your offer pricing good until the end of June?

@Infinity said:
    ISO only for now, but if you'd like a template I'll get one made. :-)

A minimal template would be fantastic, the ISO install has a load of rubbish that a server doesn't really need, so I always go with the minimal install and let my Puppet code and bootstrap scripts install whatever's needed :)

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • CraigWatson said: Legend, thanks. Is your offer pricing good until the end of June?

It is indeed :)

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @loveservers or @Jack - just taking a better look at your LEB offers. Can you clarify the storage type (either cached or pure SSD) for both the KVM and OVZ packages?

• CraigWatsonCraigWatson Member
    edited June 2016

@Jack said:

@CraigWatson said:
    @loveservers or @Jack - just taking a better look at your LEB offers. Can you clarify the storage type (either cached or pure SSD) for both the KVM and OVZ packages?

OVZ is pure SSD and KVM is SSD Cached.

Perfect, thanks - you might want to get the LEB article corrected, it says the reverse :)

• @Jack gah, my mistake, got a lot going on at the moment :)

• FredQcFredQc Member

Did you check Dedistation in London ?

Your Configuration
    $7.00
    Main Package

5GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    100GB, RAID10 Disk Space
    4 CPU Cores
    2TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    3 IPv4 Addresses
    5 IPv6 Addresses
    London, UK Datacenter
    SolusVM Control Panel

They've been very good so far, and on a plus side you get 4 cores of E3-1270v5, not one of those crappy E5 ;)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • NdhaNdha Member

@Jack said:

FredQc said: London, UK Datacenter

Which London DC is that?

I think they're with @Clouvider