Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doubt regarding IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Doubt regarding IP

picypicy Member
edited March 2013 in Help

Guys,

First let me explain my situation. The Situation is , I have rented a dedicated server from hetzner for youtube to mp3 conversion and later found that youtube has many restriction in germany and i get error for many songs.

So I need US ip for my german server. How can i make my server to act as US server or how to rent US vps and make VPS to browse youtube alone and to fetch song?

Which is good for me? I need to use this German server but with US ip.

Comments

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited March 2013

GRE tunnel/VPN with a VPS, however you pay double for all traffic then and it will be (much) slower.

• Well you can use VPN for that, but consider bandwidth on that due to nature of your task.

• RyanDRyanD Member

Your best option would be to get a US VPS or Dedicated server.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

You get an OVH dedicated server. Then you can add more IPs and simply choose USA as IP geolocation during IP checkout process.

• picypicy Member

As i am hosting some other sites too so i cant change my dedi.

Can you guys say whether it is possible for my german server to browse using VPS by VPN and then download song.

And do i need to install ffmpeg to be installed in vps too for downloading song to dedi?

Whether it is possible " Access youtube using vps and download in dedicated" or the only way is to "Access youtube using VPS and also download in that and then download to dedi"

I am going to convert only 1000 to 2000 songs per day. And also i wish to use vps only for access youtube and not for other purpose.

• @picy said: As i am hosting some other sites too so i cant change my dedi.

Grab a Kimsufi mKS 2G

• picypicy Member
    edited March 2013

Actually my current dedi using this code

$ vid_url = ' http://www.youtube(.)com/watch?v='.$_GET ['code'] ;

If i use vps to access youtube from my dedi like this and get the video using this code

US VPS

$vid_url = 'http://xx.xx.xx.xx/http://www.youtube(.)com/watch?v='.$ _GET ['code'] ;

So I get the US Youtube page

So that I can do download and conversion in my german dedicated server right?

I don't know whether i am wrong.

• If you set up a HTTP proxy, yes.
    This is however very inefficient, you should use an (unencrypted) tunnel like GRE or a VPN (OpenVPN, PPTP etc.)

• picypicy Member

Is there any tutorial or script which can do that?

• picypicy Member

So I dont need to install ffmpeg on vps right? I can access youyube using vps and fetch and convert on dedi right?

• Yes, no conversion on the VPS, just use the VPS from BuyVM to route traffic over to your dedicated server.

• picypicy Member

BTW as i am hosting more site which uses around 1tb per day , I can't route all traffic.

I just need to use vps for only accessing youtube alone.

It can also be made right?

• Yeah, that can be done. Basically, you'll have your DNS set up to your BuyVM ip and then it'll forward the queries with a US IP to your conversion server in Germany over a GRE tunnel. Other sites DNS can be set up to use your German IP alone.

• picypicy Member

Won't it be possible for a certain part of the site to use gre tunnel.

xxxxxx.com use german server for main purpose , and xxxxx.com/youtube/convert.php page alone access vps for access youtube.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

If they have rights to the youtube video, wouldn't they have the audio track? ;)

• picypicy Member

@jarland said: f they have rights to the youtube video, wouldn't they have the audio track? ;)

Many youtube videos are not accessible through german ip so i cant convert.

Where as us ip can access all.

• @picy said: Many youtube videos are not accessible through german ip so i cant convert.

Where as us ip can access all.

Why don't you just get a fairly low-price US VPS with a high amount of bandwidth, set up a web server and have a script there that downloads YouTube videos to the visitor (does not convert).

Then get the non-US dedicated server to use that page as basically a proxy, and convert on the dedi.

• @picy I think jarland are talking about legal issues.

• picypicy Member

@BronzeByte said: Grab a Kimsufi mKS 2G

Whether it can do ffmpeg conversion about 2000 to 4000 per day?

am just going to convert video to mp3.

Which spec i can go?

• I see just 2 choices. Convenience or save money.

Convenience - Setup a HTTP proxy on a US server and configure your leeching software to download via HTTP proxy. You need a VPS with enough bandwidth, 100G video = 200G bandwidth because of in+out. In short, bloody expensive route for the rich and lazy.

Save money - As some of the other members have mentioned, move to a US server. You save money from not needing to use a VPN/proxy so the traffic is only billed once. But you likely need to move your websites to the new server.

• picypicy Member

If i setup http proxy or tunnel/vpn is that possible to access youtube like this http://xx.xx.xx.xx/url goes here(youtube.com)

Or how to access youtube through vps using php?