Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HP Dell Lenovo workstations.. T5500 vs Z600
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HP Dell Lenovo workstations.. T5500 vs Z600

Hi

I am looking to upgrade Home PC

T5500 vs HP z600

Which one would you Prefer?

T5500 is a little cheaper... But i would rather buy HP then dell

Z600 specs
Dual e5520
8 gb ddr 3
Price 260 USD

T5500
Single xeon x5550
16gb ddr 3
Price 170USD...

But

With double xeon x5550
Price is almost the same

Share your experiences if any with workstations

Comments

• Used parts doesn't really matter on brands.

And in most cases single CPU works better for home use purpose unless you have special requirement. X5650 or X5667 might work better than 5550.

• Z600 with w3680 or w3690 :p

• noamannoaman Member

@HammadKhan said:
    Z600 with w3680 or w3690 :p

I guess i already had this discusssion with you.. :-)

• noamannoaman Member

@msg7086 said:
    Used parts doesn't really matter on brands.

And in most cases single CPU works better for home use purpose unless you have special requirement. X5650 or X5667 might work better than 5550.

Well then might go for an x5650 or atleast e5620

• dodheimsgarddodheimsgard Member
    edited June 2016

And in most cases single CPU works better for home use purpose unless you have special requirement

Most applications are multicore, not single core, so most applications can use dual cpu. @OP if you want real power find dual X5650

• For what it's worth I've got a HP Z something workstation and 2 tower servers from 2007 that still work to this day.

• noamannoaman Member

@linuxthefish said:
    For what it's worth I've got a HP Z something workstation and 2 tower servers from 2007 that still work to this day.

How much power these consume?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Build it yourself. I'd go Dell though if you had to choose - HP uses more proprietary parts.

• noamannoaman Member

@shovenose said:
    Build it yourself. I'd go Dell though if you had to choose - HP uses more proprietary parts.

I was actually thinking of dell if a single hexa core and hp in case of dual quad core

• If you don't want to build it yourself, and you are only interested in HP and Dell, then I have to recommend Dell.
    Otherwise have a look at Lenovo as well.

• noamannoaman Member

@Virtual said:
    If you don't want to build it yourself, and you are only interested in HP and Dell, then I have to recommend Dell.
    Otherwise have a look at Lenovo as well.

Finding consumef grade mobos and psu and case etc are easy and cheap... But sever. Enterperise grade stuff... Like xeons is tough and expensive

W. R. T my country