Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell me truth about Nodedeploy, why so cheap?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tell me truth about Nodedeploy, why so cheap?

neqsteneqste Member
edited March 2013 in General

Okay guys, this topic only for nodedeploy owners. I need to know true, before buying their services. I want buy Germany KVM 1GB by 7$;

1 GB KVM under 7$ it's VERY CHEAP price. That's why i ask. Where is the catch? And if nodedeploy is bad, what you guys can recommend for me by ~ same price in Germany (or other country what have good ping to whole europe and russia) + same speed?

As for me, i am looking for iperweb (tons of good reviews, and i was try to speak with their support, great too);
Sorry for my bad english, i need your help - guys.

Comments

• @neqste said: Sorry for my bad english, i need your help - guys.

You english is fine imho. Mine sucks :P

And as an opinion, I was a customer for a couple of months with another 1GB KVM at USA. Unfortunately I cancelled because at that time they had several network issues caused apparently by DDOS.

• There's no catch. ND are top-notch.

If you want me to run some tests on my Germany OVZ and KVM, I'd be happy to do so.

• Why did you not just open a sales ticket about this? If your just in need of suggestions of hosts, why even include ND in your topic, just ask about servers and people around here would be happy to give you suggestions without the built in drama.

Just saying...

• @neqste said: 1 GB KVM under 7$ it's VERY CHEAP price

yeah. Welcome to LEB where it has to be under $7. Thanks for your visit, come again.

• JacobJacob Member

I'm sure they will be happy to invoice you more if it's so cheap. :-)

OT: There's no catch, or is there...

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I can confirm that their service is excellent; I've used it in the past. Very responsive support, great disk speeds, not oversold.

• Have you heard of ChicagoVPS?

• neqsteneqste Member
    edited March 2013

Sorry guys, i ask it, because i wont to use ISP what oversell resources. only thats why i ask. i need a truth based on experience with nodedeploy. If they do not oversell, and they work perfect, i will buy them many vpses for my projects. Because it's imba cheap.

• edited March 2013

NodeDeploy is hosted at Hetzner, which offers (very) cheap servers. No catch.
    Or you could directly get a dedicated server if you need so many VPS'.

• Their KVM nodes have 128GB RAM, that's how they get the price down like that

• We are no longer at Hetzner. Need to update that page! Sorry for the confusion.
    We are so inexpensive because we take minimal profit margins because to be 100% honest, we aren't in it for the money.

If you need any tests, I'm sure our current clients will be more than happy to provide them, or we can. :)

I hope this was more than satisfactory response. Feel free to submit a ticket or ask further questions here.

• @PhilND who is it that you moved to?

Hetzner add on packs plus IPS would of been expensive, no?

• German KVM is excellent. can post benchmarks if you want

• @krs360 We actually moved all our hetzner stuff to GlobalSwitch in Frankfurt, it's colo'd stuff (we moved it back in november 2012, see here http://status.nodedeploy.com/issues/viewissue/146) since then we've built 5 new machines, I (we) have some very good friends who have given us a ton of IP space and transit for a nice price :-)

• They forget to mention the fact they only do 1GB plans with nothing else, probably hosted on monster 64GB nodes etc :)

No offense intended OFC, its a good business plan.

• @GetKVM_Ash

Germany KVM nodes are hosted on 64GB ram boxes with a E5-2620 4 x 2TB in raid 10

USA KVM nodes are hosted on 128GB ram boxes with dual AMD 6272 (32 physical cores) and 6 x SAS drives in raid 10

https://nodedeploy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=hardware
    Still needs to be slightly updated for the Germany KVM nodes.

• As i thought :)

Its a good idea, im not knocking it. You must have a decent connection to get a box of that spec at the right price :P

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Its a good idea, im not knocking it. You must have a decent connection to get a box of that spec at the right price :P

Colo works fine in terms of pricing. Renting is a different story on stuff like that.

• They don't colo, do they?

• @GetKVM_Ash said: They don't colo, do they?

Read below:

@BradND said: @krs360 We actually moved all our hetzner stuff to GlobalSwitch in Frankfurt, it's colo'd stuff (we moved it back in november 2012

• I have been impressed with the reviews of ND lately, they are indeed growing, and the growth sounds very good. I like that you have a live status page, you really have nothing to hide! I LOVE hosts that do this.

• BradNDBradND Member
    edited March 2013

@GetKVM_Ash

For our leb offers its all a balancing act we love our ip space (even with over 2k in ger) so for us it makes no sense to go lower than $5-7 (although easily achievable, in fact there are a few custom 128mb's etc) and then on the other end we have clients with 6gb+ boxes. So while not public if you want something 9 times out of 10 you can get it :)

• But other than that... we're just plain crazy :P

• I.know one providder give an offer xen 2G for only$9/mo

• @neqste said: Sorry guys, i ask it, because i wont to use ISP what oversell resources.

It's not overselling you should be worried about, it's overloading.

• neqsteneqste Member
    edited March 2013

Can someone post Input/Output tests? + internet speed tests?

• BradNDBradND Member
    edited March 2013

@MicroLinux The german KVM and LA KVM are limited by ram respectively e.g ger is 64 per box, la 120.

@neqste We get some very nice speeds across the pond

Download speed from CacheFly: 45.4MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 8.86MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 11.4MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.26MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 27.4MB/s 
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 11.5MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.95MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 8.22MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 8.86MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 8.30MB/s 
    I/O speed :  279 MB/s

I'm sure other people will post some also.

• ShigawireShigawire Member
    edited March 2013

Got 3x DE OVZ, 1x UK OVZ and 1x DE KVM with them.

They are great.
    Good performance, nice download speeds (mostly over 30mb/s) and a very helpful support.
    Haven't had any outage so far.

@BradND said: So while not public if you want something 9 times out of 10 you can get it :)

That's true :)

Had a lot of special requests and they helped me out with every single one.

Btw.:

@hostingwizard_net said: NodeDeploy is hosted at Hetzner, which offers (very) cheap servers.

I see absolutely no problem there.
    Hetzner is a large company, owning several DCs and capable of pushing the prices to a minimum.
    If the services is okay, why not make use of it?

But as far as i know they are with ProviderService now?
    And these guys do provide an excellent service.

• We are here just renting IP space from a good friend on mine :-)

• To be fair to NodeDeploy even though I have had a few complaints about the responsiveness of their support their performance has better than I expected.