Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Time4VPS.eu] Massive Storage boxes | DirectAdmin | VPS starting from 0.66 EUR/mo. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Time4VPS.eu] Massive Storage boxes | DirectAdmin | VPS starting from 0.66 EUR/mo.

2»

Comments

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited June 2016

Thanks I just bought a 1 TB box to test it out. Idk how offering 1TB for around $4/m is sustainable.

Awesome deal.

Edit: Got my box all setup

Kinda wish this was in Hertzner / OVH or any other popular location.

Used to seeing much faster speeds but this will do.

For the price it's worth it. 1TB of storage for less than $5/m. It's a steal.

• @xaitmi said:

Thanks I just bought a 1 TB box to test it out. Idk how offering 1TB for around $4/m is sustainable.

Awesome deal.

The files downloading in your photo aren't linux torrents...

• webboxwebbox Member
    edited June 2016

@xaitmi said:

Awesome deal.

It sure is a great deal :). I've even started looking at their VPS packages.

I think your speed may be more to do with the torrent peers rather than the server, I would say my average torrent gets up to and hovers around 20-25MiB/s, the highest I've seen it go up to is 45MiB/s. I just added a new freeleech Linux torrent, it isn't very popular (just 9seeds) and I still got just over 16MiB/s:

It may be worth looking at the settings in your torrent client.

Thanked by 1user123
  • xaitmixaitmi Member

@user123 said:

@xaitmi said:

Awesome deal.

The files downloading in your photo aren't linux torrents...

It's from private tracker so it's fine.
    No DMCA will come.

• @xaitmi said:

Personal choice :I'm not pushing my luck with p2p disk IO on time4vps( on a 2yr prepay) .

But I'm more than happy to have cheap 'dumb' bulk storage for a borg-backup target.

• BochiBochi Member
    edited June 2016

@xaitmi said:
    Idk how offering 1TB for around $4/m is sustainable.

Yeah guys, and now let's see if this whole torrent thing on here is rendering this operation to another example of "why we can't have nice things"... :P

I keep it as @vimalware does: Use it in a way that seems adequate for that price.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

@webbox said:
    One thing I would have liked to have known is listed prices on the packages page exclude VAT.

Yep, prices shown in pricing table are without VAT. VAT will be added only to EU customers based on the Member State VAT rate where the customer is located unless a valid VAT number is provided.

@xaitmi said:

We recommend to not post images like this ;)
    Glad to hear that you like our offers.

BTW, nice game and win of Golden State!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • xaitmixaitmi Member

@time4vps said:

We recommend to not post images like this ;)
    Glad to hear that you like our offers.

Removed ;)

• seenuseenu Member

do we get ssh access for storage servers?
    are they same like vps?

seenu said: do we get ssh access for storage servers? are they same like vps?

You get SSH access with full root privileges. Storage server is basically the same as standard VPS in terms of management.

• seenuseenu Member

Thanks for the info,
    will be picking one as a backup for my vpses with rsync

hopefully 512MB ram is enough for rsync.

@seenu said:
    will be picking one as a backup for my vpses with rsync

hopefully 512MB ram is enough for rsync.

Glad to hear that ;) As our experience shows 512 MB RAM is enough for "rsync".

• When did you guys add 4TB plans? Been waiting for this forever lol. Hope you eventually have even larger ones too. Going to upgrade my 2TB one to 4TB later on. You are quickly becoming one of my favourite providers @time4vps. If you guys do kvm/xen at some point as well I'll be even better off.

@Setsura said:
    When did you guys add 4TB plans? Been waiting for this forever lol. Hope you eventually have even larger ones too. Going to upgrade my 2TB one to 4TB later on. You are quickly becoming one of my favourite providers @time4vps. If you guys do kvm/xen at some point as well I'll be even better off.

We added 4 TB packages just few days ago. At this moment we don't know if and if yes, when we will add larger packages.

We have plans to start offering KVM at this autumn, we work hard to implement this as soon as possible ;)

• d2itsmed2itsme Member
    edited June 2016

awesome

• MikeInMikeIn Member

time4vps said: DirectAdmin license - 19.99 EUR one time fee [~22.32 USD]

Available standalone? Or at a slightly higher rate?

• What templates have the "Storage Server" offer? Thanks.

• time4vps said: DirectAdmin license - 19.99 EUR one time fee [~22.32 USD]

where can I find directadmin order link? I only find Cpanel in your billing system

pineapple said: where can I find directadmin order link?

You can order DirectAdmin only with new VPS purchase. It is selectable as addon.

risturiz said: What templates have the "Storage Server" offer?

Standard Linux OS templates: Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora. Also pre-created templates available. More information:

https://billing.time4vps.eu/knowledgebase/article/55/what-os-do-you-offer-/

MikeIn said: Available standalone?

Unfortunately no. DirectAdmin can't be resold as it is with cPanel.

• blozoblozo Member

Can I start with a monthly payment and then move to yearly after I confirm that it is OK for me? (I'm developing a backup software and I want to use it on a remote destination)

@blozo said:
    Can I start with a monthly payment and then move to yearly after I confirm that it is OK for me? (I'm developing a backup software and I want to use it on a remote destination)

Yes, of course. All you will need to do is submit a ticket by asking us to change billing cycle.

• miaumiau Member

I tried wget the test file from looking glass to my boxes in LA/Seattle and mostly get max speed of 2MBps. This is a real deal breaker. Can it go a any faster?

edited August 2016

@miau said:
    I tried wget the test file from looking glass to my boxes in LA/Seattle and mostly get max speed of 2MBps. This is a real deal breaker. Can it go a any faster?

It should perform a little faster. You can take a look at thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/89570/time4vps-network-speed-is-it-good

• "TOS §4.4: Content prohibited to host at our network: Copyrighted content."

Damn, can't backup my 200 GB of digital photos (© myself) on their servers.

@Shot2 said:
    "TOS §4.4: Content prohibited to host at our network: Copyrighted content."

Damn, can't backup my 200 GB of digital photos (© myself) on their servers.

Even if you're going to report yourself we could hardly imagine situation.

Thanked by 1Shot2