Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS on OVH's Roubaix location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS on OVH's Roubaix location

LessabLessab Member
edited June 2016 in General

Hello,

is there any provider out there selling VPS on OVH's Roubaix servers?
I'm looking for:

• OVH's Roubaix location (because of the network)

• 1 Gbps port with at least 1 TB

• no OpenVZ

• 1 x IPv4 + 1 x IPv6

Already tried:

• OVH directly: No Roubaix available on current VPS line and previous one was OpenVZ. No IPv6 on current line. Only 100Mbps.

• Luna Node: Seems to be Strasbourg even though they write Roubaix.

• GreenCloudVPS: Terrible network performance (<3 Mbps to US, <1 Mbps to Asia). Edit: Refund processed quickly and without issues. No complaints.

Budget up to $10/m, preferably less.

Comments

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

We have RBX location , starting for $5/m 1gb ram ,1tb bw . KVM VPS . 1ipv4 but no ipv6 .

• Over here!

We're out of stock right now but I have an opening coming up tonight.

• bersybersy Member

@Verelox

Lessab said: Luna Node: Seems to be Strasbourg even though they write Roubaix.

@perennate

Thanked by 2perennate Verelox
  • LessabLessab Member

@RIYAD said:

Looking good but all plans out of stock...

@ratherbak3d said:

Already knew about virtual6 but yeah, couldn't try because out of stock. Do I just keep trying tonight then?

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

We can offer that in RBX, pmed you.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

We do have a special offer of 50% off on our premium range of VPS services.

• LessabLessab Member

@AlbaHost said:

@WebProject said:

Unfortunately, both get routed through Strasbourg (because of the DDoS protection?) which almost doubles hop count (14/15) from my home. Looking for a "direct" connection like with rbx.proof.ovh.net (8 hops)

• You could try wishosting.com, they offer a 3 day trial so you can test the routing.

Afaik they host off the soyoustart line in roubaix

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited June 2016

Lessab said: Already knew about virtual6 but yeah, couldn't try because out of stock. Do I just keep trying tonight then?

I can drop you a PM? Should be between 5 and 6 this evening (UK) when one unit becomes available, can honor our last promotion for you too.

V6VS01

2048MB RAM

100GB SATA RAID1 HDD

5TB Data Transfer PCM (1000Mbps)

4x Xeon 2.66GHz vCPU Core(s)

1x Dedicated IPv4 Address

Proxmox VPS Management Interface

Datacenter: Roubaix, France

Free DDoS Protection

No Service Level Agreement, Sorry!

Unmanaged Support c/w Root Access & BIOS Level NoVNC

Setup Within 1x Business Day (Subject to manual approval)

£4.83 PCM (Includes any fees and charges)

Use promotion code "H3PW435TJQ" to get £1.20 OFF PCM for life!

http://virtual6.net/kvm-vps/

https://virtual6.net/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

• bersybersy Member

teamacc said: You could try wishosting.com, they offer a 3 day trial so you can test the routing.

It's not a gigabit network.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Lessab said: Luna Node: Seems to be Strasbourg even though they write Roubaix.

It is Roubaix. Why does it seem to be Strasbourg?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Lessab said: is there any provider out there selling VPS on OVH's Roubaix servers?

No that's crazy talk. I'm sure no one on LET sells OVH-based VPSes...

• LessabLessab Member

@perennate said:
    It is Roubaix. Why does it seem to be Strasbourg?

I see some Strasbourg hops at the very end of traceroute and it has the same ping to my Asia server as my Strasbourg VPS at OVH. Even if it's just routed through there, that unfortunately makes it useless for me.

@raindog308 said:
    No that's crazy talk. I'm sure no one on LET sells OVH-based VPSes...

Not many advertise them being OVH's servers. And considering a lot of people posted in here already and I'm still searching, means it's not as easy as it may seem.

In the meantime I tried Host4Fun and unfortunately have to continue searching. @RIYAD was really helpful but the network wasn't satisfactory on the node I was on.

edited June 2016

Lessab said: I see some Strasbourg hops at the very end of traceroute and it has the same ping to my Asia server as my Strasbourg VPS at OVH. Even if it's just routed through there, that unfortunately makes it useless for me.

Hm, it sounds like you would want something outside OVH's Roubaix location then, otherwise you will still be getting the same route and so same ping (we use OVH RBX).

• ehabehab Member

reminded me of

• LessabLessab Member

@perennate said:
    Hm, it sounds like you would want something outside OVH's Roubaix location then, otherwise you will still be getting the same route and so same ping (we use OVH RBX).

It seems to be something different compared to rbx.proof.ovh.net (and the RBX VPS 2014(?) I once had). That one goes from my ISP directly to Roubaix, without any detours to Strasbourg. Maybe different OVH lines (kimsufi / SYS / OVH) go through different routes?

Checking out virtual6 for now...

Thanked by 1ratherbak3d
    edited June 2016

Lessab said: It seems to be something different compared to rbx.proof.ovh.net (and the RBX VPS 2014(?) I once had). That one goes from my ISP directly to Roubaix, without any detours to Strasbourg. Maybe different OVH lines (kimsufi / SYS / OVH) go through different routes?

AFAIK failover IPs are routed differently, and if you don't go directly with OVH then you will most likely be assigned a failover IP. I'm not entirely sure if all failover IPs are routed the same way or how that all works though.

That's definitely one advantage of ordering from OVH directly, you can open support ticket about the routing to optimize specifically for your needs (although probably they won't do anything about it :P).

• LessabLessab Member
    edited June 2016

@perennate said:
    AFAIK failover IPs are routed differently, and if you don't go directly with OVH then you will most likely be assigned a failover IP. I'm not entirely sure if all failover IPs are routed the same way or how that all works though.

It doesn't seem to affect failover IPs specifically as I tried at the very least one VPS with an OVH failover IP and a direct route.

That's definitely one advantage of ordering from OVH directly, you can open support ticket about the routing to optimize specifically for your needs (although probably they won't do anything about it :P).

Yeah, I doubt that's going to work.

Tried a few more providers:

• Wishosting: Route fine but speeds vary a ton. It's supposed to be 250 Mbps but I do get over 70MB/s to some places and unfortunately also below 10Mbps to others.

• virtual6: Similar but less variation. On average it's faster than OVH's 100Mbps VPS but sometimes can also be slower.

The biggest gain from OVH is still Luna Node which is like 2-3 times faster to US and a ton faster to some other places. Unfortunately, it's not using a direct route to me and seems to also have some problems from time to time (speedtest-cli resulting in 0Mbps and failing completely) EDIT: Quick refund. All's well.

Guess I'm going to keep virtual6 for now and hope Online.net at some point improves their network so much I'm not going to need any OVH gateways to reach 50Mbps from them anymore.

Thanks for all the help!