Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndSpirit SG Closes Down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndSpirit SG Closes Down

:(

Good Afternoon,

Sadly due to constant network related issues and constantly failing hardware the Singapore location is closing down, the amount of effort required to keep it running prevents it from being a viable option for the future, it is taking Leaseweb up to 6 weeks to respond in some cases despite paying for a 4 hours SLA.

Other options for Singapore have been considered nothing has come close to meeting the requirements as yet though.

On the 23rd June all LowEndSpirit and Littlehappycloud in Singapore will be switched off.

As these are on an annual or semi-annual basis the following options are offered:

1) A 200% credit rounded up to the closest month on any remaining time pro-rated, e.g. if you have 6 months to go and you paid €3.00 you will get €3.00 back.

2) A partial refund based on time left until renewal, e.g. if you paid €3.00 and have 6 months remaining until renewal you will get €1.50 back.

3) You can elect to have your service moved to another LES or LHC location and you will get a free 6 months added on to your billing period.

An APNIC IP is being added to the Japan location to coincide with the closure of the Singapore location which may help people who use this for the China Firewall.

Please do open a ticket with your selection before the 23rd, due to volume you may not get a response to your ticket it will simply be placed in a special queue awaiting further work, any remaining services will simply be removed and account credit added i.e. you will default to option 1.

If you wish to discuss this further please use the dedicated forum, I will attempt to answer any and all questions.

Thanks.

Anthony Smith.
Inception Hosting Limited.

Comments

• What provider did they use in Singapore?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Leaseweb

• Is India in your list by any chance @AnthonySmith?

• IshaqIshaq Member

@ankittulsian said:
    Is India in your list by any chance @AnthonySmith?

You willing to pay for the nodes.. or?

I am staying out of the less developed areas, network and accountability is pathetic so its not worth the trouble.

• edited June 2016

@ankittulsian said:
    Is India in your list by any chance @AnthonySmith?

@AnthonySmith said:
    I am staying out of the less developed areas, network and accountability is pathetic so its not worth the trouble.

Was just thinking that maybe for India, could ask a provider like LeapSwitch for a quote or whatever - they're here on LET (and they sound decent of a provider).

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • FritzFritz Veteran

I have submitted a ticket for it. Gonna miss that SG location.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent

theroyalstudent said: Was just thinking that maybe for India, could ask a provider like LeapSwitch for a or whatever - they're here on LET (and they sound decent of a provider).

I think I will let one of the hosts who use these sorts of services as a business model go for that, for now as LES it is still just more of a personal project for me I would rather keep things fairly simple.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited June 2016

So, it's only Leaseweb's Singapore location that has terrible support for dedis?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

theroyalstudent said: it is taking Leaseweb up to 6 weeks to respond in some cases despite paying for a 4 hours SLA.

Wow, Leaseweb sucks.

• seenuseenu Member
    edited June 2016

i wanted to start a service something like this long back just for SEO people to offer different ip ranges etc

but the effort we put and the money we get back doesn't match i guess.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@seenu

LES is certainly not intended for "SEO people".

• MunMun Member

@seenu said:
    i wanted to start a service something like this long back just for SEO people to offer different ip ranges etc

but the effort we put and the money we get back doesn't match i guess.

Thank you for confirming that you are an absolute idiot. What other stupid things would you like to tell us?

• seenuseenu Member

oh ok.....i am just sharing my thought and the plan i had previously....

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited June 2016

Sad to see you leave SG @AnthonySmith :( glad you're taking the right steps for your business personal project so you can keep providing that top notch service :)

• sad :(
    my fav LES node. maybe i move to japan.

• sugengsugeng Member

SG is my favorite on LES, too bad is gone :(. Awesome service nonetheless, I use it for OpenVPN and never notice any problem beside the last outage.

• rahoolmrahoolm Member
    edited June 2016

@AnthonySmith I have 2 SG VPS - 1 LES and 1 LHC , may I know if those can be transferred to other locations? and what are my options?

• tommytommy Member

^ send ticket

• @rahoolm said:
    @AnthonySmith I have 2 SG VPS - 1 LES and 1 LHC , may I know if those can be transferred to other locations? and what are my options?

@theroyalstudent said:
    :(

> As these are on an annual or semi-annual basis the following options are offered:
    > 
    > 
    > 1) A 200% credit rounded up to the closest month on any remaining time pro-rated, e.g. if you have 6 months to go and you paid €3.00 you will get €3.00 back.
    > 
    > 2) A partial refund based on time left until renewal, e.g. if you paid €3.00 and have 6 months remaining until renewal you will get €1.50 back.
    > 
    > 3) You can elect to have your service moved to another LES or LHC location and you will get a free 6 months added on to your billing period.
    > 

Come on... see OP.

Thanked by 1rahoolm
  • Sorry, I didn't realize :P . Actually my LES was due for renewal so I just made the payment. Also, I was bit confused about the option against SG considering latency from India.

• I just cancelled mine, not sure will I get the refund credit or not.

• @smile93 said:
    I just cancelled mine, not sure will I get the refund credit or not.

I think you need to tell @AnthonySmith what you want, via a ticket...

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Anthony there are other providers too like DO etc

have you looked at them ?

• @hostdare said:
    Anthony there are other providers too like DO etc

have you looked at them ?

Don't think DO will be cheap for him, given the amount of SG customers he had. Dedicated would be better. LeaseWeb is the cheapest but support sucks. ReadyServer/NewMedia Express SG being overused.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

DO will not be an option due to them providing only 16 IPv6 addresses.

Linode SG on the other hand could be, especially now that they have doubled the RAM on all plans.

Readyserver is good except their china link best effort basis

• @hostdare said:

But it seems like @Gigavest bribed paid them more for guaranteed China Direct Route. So is it that other LET providers in SG on the same network not paying extra? ;)

Thanked by 1gigavest
  • @theroyalstudent said:

@hostdare said:

But it seems like @Gigavest bribed paid them more for guaranteed China Direct Route. So is it that other LET providers in SG on the same network not paying extra? ;)

Hello there, readyserver has an optional item you can subscribe for China Direct Bandwidth.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent

I know it is 30 usd/mbit for china