Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a dedicated vps with a gpu-->$100/month budget
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a dedicated vps with a gpu-->$100/month budget

I need 30gb of storage, atleast 2ghz cpu, 16gb of ram, and a GRAPHICS CARD with ~2gb of vram.

The GPU is the main thing. I can pay up to $100/month if you meet the requirements.

If you want to know why I need this VPS- I'm using it to bot in "League of Legends".

Thanks,
PuppyLover101

Comments

• EricBEricB Member

I don't think this is do-able with the low budget since you want a pretty decent GPU from the looks of it.

• @EricB said:
    I don't think this is do-able with the low budget since you want a pretty decent GPU from the looks of it.

How much do you think I can get a vps for then?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

League isn't a demanding game... you can run it on any modern integrated graphics on i7's, E3's, etc, etc.. Plus if you're going to be botting (which I don't agree with) having 25+FPS doesn't matter anyways.

• JarryJarry Member

Some time ago I was looking for the same, for long time, without success. While it is sure technically possible (at least for full virtualization) to pass-throug GPU to one (or more) VPS, providers generally do not do this because it means extra money for GPU, and what's much worse, extra pci-e slot, and extra power.

I ended up with building my own server (~500€ one-time investment) and I'm paying just for housing (~60€)...

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

AWS is $7 a day... you would be better with a dedicated with GPU. I can do 60fps in lol for $80/month if a dedicated server is fine.

• RodneyRodney Member
    edited May 2016

You can get a Hetzner server with a xeon 1245v2 for less than 40€/month. I have one and I was using the iGPU for automated streaming of high level matches in some games (for the lulz after I moved everything to my new server).

I guess their i7 (2600 and newer) servers could work too.

Edit: just looked it up, Intel Core i7-3770 is 32€/month. It should be fast enough. You can install windows using their KVM modules (free for three hours) or even easier using the rescue system qemu method.

Thanked by 2swain PuppyLover101
  • swainswain Member

@Rodney said:
    You can get a Hetzner server with a xeon 1245v2 for less than 40€/month. I have one and I was using the iGPU for automated streaming of high level matches in some games (for the lulz after I moved everything to my new server).

Edit: just looked it up, Intel Core i7-3770 is 32€/month. It should be fast enough. You can install windows using their KVM modules (free for three hours) or even easier using the rescue system qemu method.

Do you have a writeup/blogpost about running the automated game streams? That seems super interesting and i would love to learn more and maybe try it out myself.

• RodneyRodney Member

@swain said:
    automated game streams? That seems super interesting and i would love to learn more and maybe try it out myself.

It's not that complicated. I use the game's public api (easy and documented for league for example) to get current matches, then launch the game as a subprocess.
    Once the (often private) api says the game is over the subprocess is terminated, rinse and repeat.

There is also a part in there that uses the Win32 Api to create virtual key presses to switch scenes in obs. All in all the entire thing is less than 200 lines of python.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

we provide hp bladeservers where it is possible to add a gpu like Nvidia FX770m.

Just have a look on https://www.kms-hosting.com/bladeserver/. Dont hesitate to contact me if it meets your requirements.

Thanked by 1PuppyLover101
  • @Kabeldamagement said:
    Hi,

we provide hp bladeservers where it is possible to add a gpu like Nvidia FX770m.

Just have a look on https://www.kms-hosting.com/bladeserver/. Dont hesitate to contact me if it meets your requirements.

You do realize that it's a workstation gpu, generally not recommended for gaming purpose, right?

Yes, of course, for most games running for bot purpose it's totally okay ;)

• @Kabeldamagement said:
    Hi,

Site isnt loading up for me right now O_o Anyways, how many clients do can I run at the same time? FPS doesn't really matter because I'm botting anyways. > @Rodney said:

So that server would work? If so, could you help me set it up and I can pay you some money :|. This is the 2nd vps I've used till now and I only know how to use Windows and Linux. Also, the VPS needs to be windows because my bot runs only on Windows-Not linux, not any other os. I also heard that you need a gpu or smth as I bought a $5/month VPS from cloudieweb and I couldnt run league on it.

Thanks once again.

• RodneyRodney Member

If you get one with a 1245v2 and install windows + intel gpu drivers it will work. You might need to install some virtual sound device, I don't know if league runs without any way to output sound.

Since Hetzner is using desktop hardware for most of their servers and they need the iGPU for any debugging output it should be possible with other i7 models that feature an iGPU as well, but I haven't tried it.

I've installed Windows Server using this guide on a Hetzner box: http://notfor.pro/post/installing-windows-on-onlinenet-using-rescue-system just make sure not to use the UEFI version as it will not boot. Their KVM modules' virtual media sometimes fucks up your server and it won't boot anymore.

Currently I'm running Windows 10 on the box because setting up some stuff was a little easier since Windows Server is missing some components and installing them is a pain in the ass.

Also another host that I know has iGPUs available for use is webtropia. I ran Battlefield on their 4790K model before.

online.net's new line uses a xeon 1245v5 which also has an iGPU but I have no idea if you can use it. Same for SoYouStart, their 1245v2 models might be usable, but I'm not sure. They also offer GPU server in the innovation zone though I haven't tested them.

@PuppyLover101 said:

@Kabeldamagement said:
    Hi,

Site isnt loading up for me right now O_o Anyways, how many clients do can I run at the same time? FPS doesn't really matter because I'm botting anyways. > @Rodney said:

So that server would work? If so, could you help me set it up and I can pay you some money :|. This is the 2nd vps I've used till now and I only know how to use Windows and Linux. Also, the VPS needs to be windows because my bot runs only on Windows-Not linux, not any other os. I also heard that you need a gpu or smth as I bought a $5/month VPS from cloudieweb and I couldnt run league on it.

Thanks once again.

Our page is loading without any hassle ;)

Its a dedicated server, so you're the only customer using the hardware offered to you.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Why do you need a bot for LoL?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@PuppyLover101 said:
    I also heard that you need a gpu or smth as I bought a $5/month VPS from cloudieweb and I couldnt run league on it.

You can run LoL on a VPS without a dedicated GPU - I tested it on our KVM SSD package and I was able to run it, so I guess any KVM VPS can.

• @PuppyLover101 said:
    I need 30gb of storage, atleast 2ghz cpu, 16gb of ram, and a GRAPHICS CARD with ~2gb of vram.

The GPU is the main thing. I can pay up to $100/month if you meet the requirements.

If you want to know why I need this VPS- I'm using it to bot in "League of Legends".

Thanks,
    PuppyLover101

Hello,
    I think I can do something for you like that. I will PM you in a sec regarding this.

• PandyPandy Member

@netomx said:
    Why do you need a bot for LoL?

I do know that some ppl bot accounts to lvl30 and then sell them.
    If you can get multiple accounts botting on one dedi it could pay for the server :p

or he just really cant get to lvl30 by himself, and wants to play ranked with friends, but id guess the first

• swainswain Member

@Rodney said:

@swain said:
    automated game streams? That seems super interesting and i would love to learn more and maybe try it out myself.

It's not that complicated. I use the game's public api (easy and documented for league for example) to get current matches, then launch the game as a subprocess.
    Once the (often private) api says the game is over the subprocess is terminated, rinse and repeat.

There is also a part in there that uses the Win32 Api to create virtual key presses to switch scenes in obs. All in all the entire thing is less than 200 lines of python.

Is there anyway you could throw me that python script? I'd love to take a look and modify it a bit.

Thanks mate :D