Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stable provider - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stable provider

2»

Comments

• Just remembered how to quote, Click the posted time! :D

$4/Month VPS with 10TB Transfer assuming that the client consumes his full allocation then that would leave many providers in the negative.

Sounds like a run-away host to me.

• japonjapon Member
    edited December 2011

@EaseVPS said: Sounds like a run-away host to me.

So when will they start running away? Now, after being 10 years in business? I doubt that. ;)

• Everything has a possibility.

• japonjapon Member
    edited December 2011

@EaseVPS said: Everything has a possibility.

Sure. But they sell mostly VPS at $50-150/month. I doubt that they will be going anywhere soon. I guess they're just using old hardware for the VPS. And they operate their own network, so bandwidth is not an issue to them.

• @picy If you're in such a rush, just go with any provider (good or bad) and move once you find a "reliable" 2 TB/$7/mo provider. Which is better : 2+ days of downtime to find the "right" host, or couple hours of downtime for a so-so host and move your services later?

Also, the two days you spent saying you're in a rush and asking for suggestions on this thread should have been used to do your own research.

Thanked by 1picy
  • @picy If you think your card is good, contact directly to chicagovps for any bill payment help. ANy provider will help you if you have problem paying when you pass the fraud check.

• @EaseVPS said: Sounds like a run-away host to me.

They are more than 10 years old and this was the first time they offer that price! And it seems we won't never get a chance to use all of 10TB because they are limited the speed very badly.

Download average in US (Linode TX and GA) is about 1.2MB/s
    817KB/s for Linode JP
    582KB/s for Linode UK
    574KB/s for Leaseweb
    327KB/s for Softlayer SG

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited December 2011

@innya said: ANy provider will help you if you have problem paying when you pass the fraud check.

I wish I could remember the name of the provider but we had one when I first found this site that refused to take my order because I had ordered from a Brueggers Bagels.

It passed fraud but he pitched a fit when I sent in a ticket from another location later on in the day. He refused to process the order.

edit: Found it: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/hostlatch-4-46-openvz-vps-with-512mb/#comment-2410

• @giang
    That's terrible, What is the point in all that bandwidth then. You could barely touch 350GB with them speeds.