Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Solved] Virtualizor VPS IP resolution issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Solved] Virtualizor VPS IP resolution issue

sktanmoysktanmoy Member
edited May 2016 in Help

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but hope someone can help me. I installed Virtualizor in one of my new dedi. I would create 4/5 VPS there. So their license model seemed pretty legit for me.

Installation went good, I've added plan, OS template, IP pool, client and then a VPS. An email was dispatched to that user. User was able to login, re/install OS, panel etc. Everything went good till this part.

The only one and the main issue is "The IP assigned to the user wasn't resolving the VPS. That was resolving main server!"

I've googled but didn't found anything related. Either I missed something or an unique issue.

Anyone have any idea about this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Contact virtualizor per ticket and will help.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I have went through this. May I know which Virtualization method you used ??

• I opened a ticket but it's Sunday. I'm not expecting response so earlier.

And I'm using OpenVZ.

• Sounds like you have added the additional IP's for your VMs directly to your physical server.

You will need to make sure only the single IP for the physical server is listed in any network configurations, and a bridge or router will then deal with the VMs IP.

• @AshleyUk said:
    Sounds like you have added the additional IP's for your VMs directly to your physical server.

You will need to make sure only the single IP for the physical server is listed in any network configurations, and a bridge or router will then deal with the VMs IP.

Just checked using ifconfig and found eth0, eth0:0, eth0:1, eth0:2, eth0:0 are added with all 5 IP I've assigned. What should I do now?

• Remove the extra eth0:* files, restart your network and the VM and then reconnect to the VM.

What Virt are you using?
    Have you setup the bridge/router if required?

• sktanmoysktanmoy Member
    edited May 2016

I've just deleted those, restarted network and all done. Thanks for helping me @AshleyUk

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • Your IP's are binded to eth0 they need removing, plenty of tutorials out there on this.

• yghostyghost Member, Host Rep

if you face any problem again, try contact them on skype, they are always there :)

• Check dhcp configuration

Make bridge connection perfect.