Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you looking for in a VPS panel? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are you looking for in a VPS panel?

2»

Comments

• iRepkoiRepko Member

@vfuse said:
    Billing!

I'm not so sure. Billing/Virtual Panels just don't seem very popular and in my opinion, I like having a separate billing panel so I can offer multiple products. I may be wrong, but I do appreciate the suggestion.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@iRepko said:

@vfuse said:
    Billing!

I'm not so sure. Billing/Virtual Panels just don't seem very popular and in my opinion, I like having a separate billing panel so I can offer multiple products. I may be wrong, but I do appreciate the suggestion.

How would that improve user experience? Just look at how DO or vultr handle it, I can't think of how a separate billing panel (separate login, 90% of the time with a different layout) would improve things. You could still have multiple products in a custom panel.

I know creating a billing module is time consuming. I bet WHMCS (or whatever is popular these days) has an API that you could completely integrate into your panel. It shows your users you went the extra mile ;)

• l @vfuse said:

How would that improve user experience? Just look at how DO or vultr handle it, I can't think of how a separate billing panel (separate login, 90% of the time with a different layout) would improve things. You could still have multiple products in a custom panel.

Not everything is about improving user experience from a convienence standpoint.

Writing billing software is dangerous path to go down if you're not a domain expert. That opens a whole new can of worms, separation of functionality can be a good thing.

• iRepkoiRepko Member
    edited May 2016

@Microlinux said:
    l @vfuse said:

Not everything is about improving user experience from a convienence standpoint.

Writing billing software is dangerous path to go down if you're not a domain expert. That opens a whole new can of worms, separation of functionality can be a good thing.

Kind of where I'm at right now.

Update: I've got a basic setup of how everything is going to work. Contact me if you'd like to start doing a trial of it! You'll be provided with a VPS during this period so you can track the data from the panel compared to the VPS. PM me for info.

• @iRepko said:
    Update: I've got a basic setup of how everything is going to work. Contact me if you'd like to start doing a trial of it! You'll be provided with a VPS during this period so you can track the data from the panel compared to the VPS. PM me for info.

Lets exchange :)