Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap website VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap website VPS

UnixfyUnixfy Member
edited May 2016 in Requests

I need a VPS to host some of my websites. Minimum specs:

• RAM: 1.5GB+
  • Disk: 50GB+
  • CPU: Don't care
  • Bandwidth: 1TB+
  • IP Addresses: 1+ IPv4, 5+ IPv6
  • Under $3/month

-Virtualization: KVM/XenPV

Thanks!
Note: Debit cards should be accepted (I'm using my Visa card).

Comments

• user123user123 Member
    edited May 2016

I was going to ask what your budget is, but saw that your post is just missing a line break.

For anyone wondering, OP's budget is under $3/mo.

Are you ok paying annually or do you only want to pay monthly? Also, how reliable does the server it have to be and do you have a preference for server location?

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited May 2016

Oh yeah, thanks for telling me :)
    I would like to pay monthly, and the reliability should be enough to host a production semi-production site on it (I don't care if it's down for a week or so in total every year). I don't care about server location.

• user123user123 Member

@karatekidmonkey said:
    Oh yeah, thanks for telling me :)
    I would like to pay monthly, and the reliability should be enough to host a production site on it (I don't care if it's down for a week or so in total every year). I don't care about server location.

A "production" server usually insinuates that uptime and reliability are VERY important, which is the opposite of what you're saying.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member

Fine...semi-production server :P

• bersybersy Member
    edited May 2016

Check Virmach special offer, but IPv6 is "coming soon" © if I recall right.

I believe you are going to raise your budget a bit or be willing to pay yearly to get more options.

InceptionHosting offers 2GB/50GB/1TB for $4/m, HostUS - 2GB/75GB/2TB (aff link) for $10/quarter. I use both, they are good enough in my book.

PS My bad seems I've missed your KVM/Xen request or your initial post has been edited :(

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • UnixfyUnixfy Member

Wow, those Virmach deals are excellent, can't believe I hadn't found them before, thank you for sharing!

• @Arubacloud 1€/Month VPS

Locations

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • UnixfyUnixfy Member

I have been considering Arubacloud, but from some reviews I've read, they're probably not the best option for me.

• bersybersy Member
    edited May 2016

karatekidmonkey said: I have been considering Arubacloud, but from some reviews I've read, they're probably not the best option for me.

I thought you are looking for 1.5GB+ VPS with IPv6 support. As for the quality, you will hardly find something better on VMware/KVM/Hyper-V/XenHVM for €1.

• ArubaCloudArubaCloud Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

Hi @karatekidmonkey

IPv6 is now available in DC-UK1 and it will be available in other DCs in a few weeks.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member

bersy said: I thought you are looking for 1.5GB+ VPS with IPv6 support. As for the quality, you will hardly find something better on VMware/KVM/Hyper-V/XenHVM for €1.

I was, but I saw Arubacloud as an option IF I could not get a 1.5GB VPS with IPv6.