Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server for Game Server/Couple of Linux devboxes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server for Game Server/Couple of Linux devboxes

LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
edited May 2016 in Requests

Hi all,

Due to a bit of an emergency, I need a Dedicated Server pretty quick, I'll list what I need below:

OVH is off the list, due to the fact I wanted an E3-SAT-2 from SYS but the IP costs and it being out of stock makes this a no-no.

• Decent Intel Processor
  • 32GB RAM (minimum)
  • 250GB SSD or 500GB HDD (preferably more if HDD).
  • DDoS Protection preferred but not essential, provider will need a decent policy. (Rare that an attack would happen, but still a possibility.
  • Virtualization Allowed (will be using OpenVZ).
  • /29 IPv4 or 4 additional IPs
  • US East/Midwest or Europe
  • Budget is $55/month
  • Setup within 24 hours.

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

QuickPacket's Dual L5520 in Atlanta is on sale for $35/month. Upgrade to 32GB RAM is $10/month.

https://www.quickpacket.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=170&promocode=VS5DFX27QL

Thanked by 1LordSpock
  • BradBrad Member

Dacentec has some stock. Delivery has always been the same day for me.

Thanked by 1LordSpock
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Verelox said:
    If you could raise your budget, we can do the following specs for an E3-1230 in Netherlands at 1Gbps:

> Intel Quad-core Xeon E3-1230 (4x3.20GHz)
    > 2x1 TB SATA
    > 32 GB DDR3
    > 5 IPv4 addresses (1 main, 4 additional), /64 IPv6 available
    > Bandwidth: 10 TB @ guaranteed 1 Gbit
    > €81.40/mo
    > 

Delivery is instantly after ordering.

That's 91 USD, well above OP's budget, please stop spamming with offers that do not match the OP's request.

Thanked by 1LordSpock
  • VereloxVerelox Member

MrGeneral said: That's 91 USD, well above OP's budget, please stop spamming with offers that do not match the OP's request.

That's why "If you could raise your budget" was included, but this is up to the OP of course =) Let's not go off topic. Feel free to use the PM if you need to talk about this.

Thanked by 1LordSpock
  • dailydaily Member
    edited May 2016

@Verelox said:

MrGeneral said: That's 91 USD, well above OP's budget, please stop spamming with offers that do not match the OP's request.

That's why "If you could raise your budget" was included, but this is up to the OP of course =) Let's not go off topic. Feel free to use the PM if you need to talk about this.

Can you not read? "Budget is $55/month". If it was more, he'd say. You don't get to say "let's not be off-topic" you already have been. If you can't offer something he wants, don't post.

Thanked by 3MikePT Pwner LordSpock
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

Hmm, a bit more west, it's at Los Angeles, CA but fits your price range, if you can install the OS on your own, can be delivered within 3 hours.

E3-1240v2

1x 2 TB HDD

32 GB RAM

5 IPv4, IPv6 /64-/48 possible

10 TB/month @ 1 Gbit/sec

$55/mo

Thanked by 1LordSpock
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@dailymc said:

@Verelox said:

Can you not read? "Budget is $55/month". If it was more, he'd say. You don't get to say "let's not be off-topic" you already have been. If you can't offer something he wants, don't post.

Indeed.

@SpeedBus said:
    Hmm, a bit more west, it's at Los Angeles, CA but fits your price range, if you can install the OS on your own, can be delivered within 3 hours.

E3-1240v2

1x 2 TB HDD

32 GB RAM

10 TB/month @ 1 Gbit/sec

$55/mo

That's a great offer that matches the OP's request, pretty good.

Thanked by 1LordSpock
  • teamaccteamacc Member

You could go for hetzner, although I'm not familiar with their ddos policy.

Also netcup XL might be something you can look at, https://www.netcup.de/vserver/
    They have some ddos protection.

Thanked by 1LordSpock
  • StrikerrStrikerr Member
    edited May 2016

SeFlow.it

Intel i7 4770 Promo!€34.00 EUR
        Setup€0.00 EUR
        RAM  - 32GB DDR3 €5.00 EUR
        IP Address  - 5 IPs - /29 Private Vlan €10.00 EUR
        Order Summary
        Total Due Today: €49.00 EUR

Thanked by 1LordSpock
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

@SpeedBus said:

E3-1240v2

1x 2 TB HDD

32 GB RAM

10 TB/month @ 1 Gbit/sec

$55/mo

Thanks for the offer pal, shame it's just a little bit too far for latency - majority of our users are Eastern European unfortunately. :)

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • jrmjrm Member

I have been hosting game servers off an on for 12+ years. You ABSOLUTELY need to find a provider with some type of ddos protection (at least 10-20Gb). If you do not pick a provider with some type of ddos protection and you get attacked even by 1 angry kid with a bot net the provider will terminate your service due to it affecting the network of others. If it was not for hosting game servers, I would say go with someone that has cheap servers like dacentec or similar competition.

• jrmjrm Member

Basically all of the cheap providers that offer no ddos protection, but offer a lot of hardware for the price, (they have to cut corners somewhere) aka delimiter is not a good idea if you are wanting to host any game servers at all. From past experience if you have a popular game server and are getting ddosed by kids you will eventually get terminated on your service from companies like this. They are however great if you DONT host game servers.

Look into a OVH reseller or Psychz reseller. They offer legit 20Gb ddos protection. I have had plenty of Ovh servers and have never had a problem with them.