Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VOIP carrier for outbound calls to the US / EU (from EU)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VOIP carrier for outbound calls to the US / EU (from EU)

NihimNihim Member

As someone who has never used it before the two usual suspects are skype & google voice. Prices are similar.

- The codec they use is supposedly shit.
google: - looks a bit annoying (unfamiliar).

Negative for both: they min top up is 10 euro.

Quality wise which is the better one? Also any other alternatives?
For comparison for US both lets say are ~ 2c / min and for Ireland 2.5c / min

Comments

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

MagicJack?

Thanked by 1Nihim
  • NihimNihim Member

@fitvpn said:
    MagicJack?

the prepaid card starts from $5 which is nice, how does it compare - voice quality wise - with the 2 above?
    Also having a bit of trouble finding detailed per country charges :/

• cociucociu Member

Nihim said: Nihim

12voip.com , used in the past and definetly we will use more when is need. Good quality , cheap price

Thanked by 3Nihim doghouch ehab
  • NihimNihim Member

@cociu said:

Nihim said: Nihim

12voip.com , used in the past and definetly we will use more when is need. Good quality , cheap price

thanks, will keep it in mind, seems there is not a min limit to purchase credit though for example for ireland it costs 15c / min while google is 2c / min.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Nihim said: the prepaid card starts from $5 which is nice, how does it compare - voice quality wise - with the 2 above? Also having a bit of trouble finding detailed per country charges :/

Install their Android app from Google app store and call to US numbers for free. Quality very good even over 3G

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

try didlogic.com or voip.ms both fantastic price and quality of calls.

Thanked by 1Nihim
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Didlogic and zoiper works well for me.

Thanked by 1Nihim
  • henkbhenkb Member

I use freevoipdeal. It is like 12voip. They are whitelabeled brands from beta max.
    Same backend, different prices. Check this age, to get the best rates for what you need:
    http://backsla.sh/betamax

• When I saw the first line about Skype I knew I had to post this.

Thanked by 1daily
  • NihimNihim Member

I used the ipcomms free package with zoiper and the quality was pretty good - had to verify my account by receiving a call from them. Sadly they are not answering on my request to get a normal outgoing SIP account so...

I 'll be trying didlogic. For 12Voip - from their site - got the feeling that apps like zoiper are not "really" supported.

• Have you tried Sonetel?

Thanked by 1ehab
  • trabiatrabia Member
    edited June 2016

Sipgate is a provider I am having very good experience with since I think 13-15 years, I have been one of their first customers, and always was very satisfied. It's a german based provider. They have various products, as well as trunks to integrate them tight into your PBX. I'd recommend to have a look.

Cheers,
    Sven

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • NihimNihim Member

@trabia said:
    Sipgate is a provider I am having very good experience with since I think 13-15 years, I have been one of their first customers, and always was very satisfied. It's a german based provider. They have various products, as well as trunks to integrate them tight into your PBX. I'd recommend to have a look.

Cheers,
    Sven

I checked their uk site / location and the flat pays as you go rates were well pretty expensive.

• trabiatrabia Member

@Nihim said:

@trabia said:

I checked their uk site / location and the flat pays as you go rates were well pretty expensive.

Well, I see (on the German site), US calls available for 1.9ct and UK/IE calls for 2.4ct. You see the prices per destination on the "sipgate Team" package. They are, afaik, the same you get for the trunk package. You sign up at trunk with a zero commit account and then use pay per minute. They have also some unlim packages, I know for Germany they have/had for around 8 EUR per month unlim, however, they are for personal use only afaik and not for commercial.

• NihimNihim Member

it is for personal usage. For Ireland on the .uk it was like 2p/min ...

I fail to understand in which currency you are referring with 1.9ct

• RamiRami Member

Check this provider http://www.voippro.com/calling-rates/grey/usd I'm using their service from about 3 years they are a voip termination company (they provide 12voip.com with their service as well) but they accept individual users min top up is $10 , quality is amazing and prices are very good the only problem is that they doesn't accept payments with CC or PayPal they accept WebMoney, onecard, cashu, International Bank Transfer, Western Union and some other methods late after a few payments

• NihimNihim Member

@Rami said:
    Check this provider http://www.voippro.com/calling-rates/grey/usd I'm using their service from about 3 years they are a voip termination company (they provide 12voip.com with their service as well) but they accept individual users min top up is $10 , quality is amazing and prices are very good the only problem is that they doesn't accept payments with CC or PayPal they accept WebMoney, onecard, cashu, International Bank Transfer, Western Union and some other methods late after a few payments

thanks, though bank transfer might rape me in fees on my bank's end & I have none of the other ones :p

• RamiRami Member
    edited June 2016

@Nihim said:

@Rami said:

thanks, though bank transfer might rape me in fees on my bank's end & I have none of the other ones :p

I'm using WebMoney it's not easy to get it though :)

Edit: you'll find a lot of online exchangers if you wanted to buy WM

• @WebProject said:
    try didlogic.com or voip.ms both fantastic price and quality of calls.

Yup. VoIP.ms out of Canada is really good and so is DIDforsale.com in Southern California.

As with anything, YMMV, so do compare and check the reviews from your locale okay?

• NihimNihim Member
    edited June 2016

Ipcomms replied today but I since didlogic came recommended, has a bit better prices - as good as most companies I saw - and a min top up at $5 went with them.

Was really easy to setup on zoiper - used their NL gateway.

One thing to to mention when I added the $5 I had to send an email confirming I made the purchase etc with: "Your response needs to be several sentences long." to pass their fraud check.

Then I had to send another one to confirm that they would give no support on system / device setup etc.

All in all so far pretty good.

Thanks @pbgben @WebProject for suggesting it, as well as everyone else that gave a suggestion / opinion.

Two last questions from me cause I got a bit confused from their FAQ / setup guides. This SIP account is only for outgoing calls correct? I cannot receive an incoming call without getting a DID right? (I am only interested in outgoing calls just would be nice to have that clear.)

And #2. I tried enabling encryption on the account but it would not connect on didlogic. Any idea how I do that?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2016

Nihim said: Two last questions from me cause I got a bit confused from their FAQ / setup guides. This SIP account is only for outgoing calls correct? I cannot receive an incoming call without getting a DID right? (I am only interested in outgoing calls just would be nice to have that clear.)

you can optionally purchase the DID number and get calls to your SIP account or redirected to other phone number or Skype

And #2. I tried enabling encryption on the account but it would not connect on didlogic. Any > idea how I do that?

I think the link is on front page:
    https://didlogic.com/services/encrypted-calls

• NihimNihim Member

@WebProject said:
    I think the link is on front page:
    https://didlogic.com/services/encrypted-calls

Yea I tried it and it says no transports left to try 503. I am thinking the problem lies in the "SRTP/zRTP access are free with certain minimum monthly spend levels (depending on your geographical region)."

So I might have to request it later on.