Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Error when i moved to new server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Error when i moved to new server

2»

Comments

• @whmcsglobalservices said:
    Hi,

WHMCS always validate HOST IP and installation directory.
    If you move the server or move files one folder to another you always have to reissue the licence.So login in WHMCS client area and go to services tab click on your product services tab and you will find reissue button in your left hand.
    @Host4Geeks said:
    It looks like the DB crapped up during the migration. Not sure why many are suggesting a licensing problem.

Do you see absolutely nothing in the error logs or the MySQL error log?

I reissued already, using migration tool of cpanel, source codes and directories are same.
    I think this is database problem.

• smansman Member
    edited May 2016

I seem to remember a gotcha that might be related to this. I believe it was making sure that strick mode was disabled. Also did you make sure you created the database with the same character set and collation as before?

• Check this one

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/disable-mysql-strict-mode.424152/

also try ticketing the Cpanel team

• @support123 said:
    Check this one

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/disable-mysql-strict-mode.424152/

also try ticketing the Cpanel team

Thank you, but looks like it was failed because i tried a suggestion of @support123.
    I move manually by backup -> download -> upload. It is failed too.

• your db screwed? perhaps you can try checking db for error plus admin/db details consistent with your install

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited June 2016

Your DB isn't screwed.

Strict SQL mode is in effect if either STRICT_ALL_TABLES or STRICT_TRANS_TABLES is enabled: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/sql-mode.html#sql-mode-strict

edit the /usr/my.cnf file

You need to set your sql-mode to something that doesn't have those strict options like so:

sql-mode = "NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

restart mysql

and then on your server type mysql

and then type;

@sql_mode;

if it says something like; STRICT_TRANS_TABLES

it's still in strict mode, if not, then your good to go.

I recently enquired to WHMCS support about this and this is pretty much what they came back with.

Thanked by 1xeromirza
  • Contact cPanel team

• @sql_mode;
    +--------------------------------------------+
    @sql_mode |
    | STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION |
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

There is no problem with changing to strict mode. On old server, i dont change anything in my.cnf. But when i move to new server ( 3 servers on test), this problem was appeared.

• @norival1992 said:

@sql_mode;
    @sql_mode |
    | STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION |
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

There is no problem with changing to strict mode. On old server, i dont change anything in my.cnf. But when i move to new server ( 3 servers on test), this problem was appeared.

You've not updated it right as 'STRICT_TRANS_TABLES' is still considered strict, please follow what I said in my last reply, it'll work for you.

• THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! This should be in the support SOMEWHERE. Amazing. It's literally been years since I've been able to use my billing website. Thank you!!