Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN Help: PPTP on OpenVZ
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN Help: PPTP on OpenVZ

DeanDean Member
edited February 2013 in Help

Hi Guys,
I'm having some problems, and I could do with some advice please.
I'm currently using PPTP on OpenVZ which fires up OK - I get assigned IP address etc, and when I browse IPChicken.com it displays the Server's IP address instead of my residential ISP's one.

On my iPad etc, everything works hunky dory. I can browse the internet as normal through the VPN.
However, on a Windows machine (trying from two different computers) it's very fussy over what sites I can browse. Some will connect fine, others will just keep trying and trying and trying.

I've got ms-dns nameservers set (tried google ones and open-dns), and they get passed over to the windows computer. The computer also gets assigned an IP address.

Any pointers? It's happening on different boxes in different locations with different providers, but it specific to Windows client's connecting to them.

Comments