Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MYRSK down past 17 hours
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MYRSK down past 17 hours

sam-maximum sam-maximum Member
edited February 2013 in General

myrsk is down past many hours . how many others are facing this problem?

Comments

• Yeah, I can see my VPS with them is offline, I was just about to raise a ticket.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2013

@rajin90 @imagine

The datacenter is really slow with responses. Last night there was a huge DDOS inboud. After a forceful restart, there was fsck issues. We just require rescue mode to be able to progress and sort this. This is what is slowing us down now.

Although the DDOS is an external factor, we are still offering compensations due to the downtime faced.

The only location that is effected is our NL location. We have also posted this on our network issues page.

I am personally reconsidering our choice with this, as datacenters are supposed to reply quickly to emergency requests - in normal business hours.

I will keep updating that.

Regards,
    R. Alkhaili

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@rsk
    If I am not mistaken, it is already 1PM in NL. If they indeed take that long to answer in working answers, I'd reconsider using them or atleast get some IPMI/kvmoip with virtual media support ;)

@Alex_LiquidHost said: If I am not mistaken, it is already 1PM in NL. If they indeed take that long to answer in working answers, I'd reconsider using them or atleast get some IPMI/kvmoip with virtual media support ;)

There is no ipmi/kvmoip - else I would have got it, just like our other nodes elesewhere.

There is a big reconsideration right now. We are doing our best to steer this into the best direction possible for our clients.

Regards,
    R

• 20 hours have passed sir and we are still nowhere. isn't it unusually long time taken to solve it?

• @rsk What DC are you in in NL?

edited February 2013

@rajin90 said: 20 hours have passed sir and we are still nowhere. isn't it unusually long time taken to solve it?

I have been waiting for over 4/5 hours now for the datacenter, without any reply.

Although the ticket is set as an "emergency", I do not know how long they need. I tried calling, reach voicemail.

@taronyu said: @rsk What DC are you in in NL?

Ecatel.

We do not want this to hurt our image, but albeit all this, I think it will. Me and Ryan (my partner) are doing what we can do best .. wait for access, with patience.

Even though we do not guarante how the fsck repair will turnaround, we are hoping for the best here. Otherwise we will be forced to salvage what we have and do a complete reinstall or even a move. We can't go through the same problems again.

I will keep you updated.

Regards,
    R. Alkhaili

@jack they do advertise 24/7 support http://ecatel.net/?p=contact_us . The request was sent at 9 something PM last night NL timing. I got a reply if I wanted to reinstall or boot rescue at 11am (the next day). I reply that I require rescue and till now no response.

They have always been good, but seeing that the weekend is coming up too - I do not want our clients to suffer due to something that can be solved quickly.

@jack yes.

• @rsk said: Ecatel.

I would make sure you finish those plan to move out of there rather soon :) Ecatel does have quite a bad reputation here, I believe.

@mpkossen said: I would make sure you finish those plan to move out of there rather soon :) Ecatel does have quite a bad reputation here, I believe.

Well, atleast now I got a reply. Lets hope it all gets sorted. Feeling bad for our clients.

@rajin90 @imagine

Thanks to Ecatel, we are running back on track #phew.

The server's should come up slowly.

Regards

• @rsk - Thats great, I look forward to seeing it back online :)

@imagine they are back, just some ips take longer to work ...

• yeah service has started back. hope such a thing never happens in future.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

17 hours is a long time to be DDOSed.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@RobertClarke said: 17 hours is a long time to be DDOSed.

Where did you get 17 hours of DDoS from? No time period has been mentioned.

The majority of the downtime seems to be due to knock-on issues resulting from the flood.

@Nekki said: Where did you get 17 hours of DDoS from? No time period has been mentioned.

The majority of the downtime seems to be due to knock-on issues resulting from the flood.

No, this wasnt the case. There were some fsck crap. Since we couldn't get rescue nor anything. Not even quick replies - this made matters take longer to solve.

We do apologize, and thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    R. Alkhaili