Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good alternatives for wable - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any good alternatives for wable

2»

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Who the fuck talks to their wife about their hosting arrangements?

Thanked by 3Junkless trewq yomero
  • seenuseenu Member

well, you may be shy of talking or may be your wife is not into tech.

my wife is a developer with 8 yrs of experience and have same knowledge level of mine and if you spend whole weekend at computer and if your wife is tech savvy, she can easily notice what you are doing.

• Impactvps is the perfect replacement. Moved to Impactvps from wable 5 months back. Solid uptime, performance and support. Alex is very helpful.

Thanked by 2seenu Awmusic12635
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

seenu said: well, you may be shy of talking or may be your wife is not into tech.

my wife is a developer with 8 yrs of experience and have same knowledge level of mine and if you spend whole weekend at computer and if your wife is tech savvy, she can easily notice what you are doing.

It was a joke you bell.

Thanked by 2trewq vimalware
  • amhoabamhoab Member

Instead of running your own gitlab instance, why don't you use the hosted version? It's free for unlimited public and private repos. Also, bitbucket has the same deal if you have a university email address. I've been using both for a while, and am quite pleased.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • tommytommy Member

+1 hosted gitlab

Get 1 vps from do, host your website etc there, and get cheap server $20/y (ex drserver) for your development server. That only cost you $80/y

• seenuseenu Member

Hi amhoab,

i was using bitbucket but moved because i am on $25 plan

and i don't want to use gitlab hosted for simple reason.... i don't want to tell my team to go and signup on 3rd party website.

• tommytommy Member

Why your team care it's 3rd party or not?

You want to save money or not? :p

• Go with @Awmusic12635, good guy, friendly and helpful. Don't think you will regret going with him.

Thanked by 2Awmusic12635 moy2010
  • bersybersy Member

Prometeus has KVM resource pool https://my.iperweb.com/cart/iwzip/

• msg7086msg7086 Member

@Nekki said:
    Who the fuck talks to their wife about their hosting arrangements?

My wife always asked me to shut up and gave me the money.

• ehabehab Member

our marriage will never last if she was also a developer.

• LeeLee Veteran

What about IWStack it gives you the flexibility you seem to need and as it's credit based you can put in credits as needed based on usage rather than a fixed amount.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

msg7086 said: My wife always asked me to shut up and gave me the money.

My wife tells me to shut up and takes my money.

• If you have to run self-hosted gitlab , I recommend the official Gitlab-CI Docker container images on a 2GB KVM. (no Openvz kernels )
    That should be fine for upto 50 users.

@dediserve @Prometeus @buyvm are all good places for production ssd KVM . (SSD should really help with gitlab)

The data is split off into a folder under /var.
    You can back it up with rsync to your backup server (YES, get one)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@seenu said:
    i don't want to tell my team to go and signup on 3rd party website.

Many businesses use 3rd party websites to manage work flow, communication and subversion. Don't be too proud to use products that are already available on the market. It'll make your life easier and it's not your responsibility to maintain.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @Francisco said:

@globalRegisters said:
    @Francisco

Any thoughts to bring back the 3Ghz+ CPUs on any of the plans?

All of the new KVM plans are 3.5Ghz+ threads :)

I got 43 nodes to build sometime next week.

Francisco

Have fun... you're probably going to to need a bit lot of caffeine beer

• amhoabamhoab Member

@seenu said:

and i don't want to use gitlab hosted for simple reason.... i don't want to tell my team to go and signup on 3rd party website.

Trust me, that's totally normal. I work for a large company and we use github. We have to create our own accounts there. Nobody has complained about it so far. I say just go hosted gitlab and call it a day.