Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netflix launches its own speed test website, Fast.com - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netflix launches its own speed test website, Fast.com

2»

Comments

• sinsin Member
    edited May 2016

My Verizon FIOS Home connection

• kerouackerouac Member

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

@kerouac said:

At least you where able to access their page telling you that you may not be connected to the Internet :-)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

first try, cool.

• Lucky :p

• jaypeesmithjaypeesmith Member
    edited May 2016

• FredQcFredQc Member

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

php code for them.

If netflix then speed is double, If other ISP then speed in Kbps.

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    php code for them.

If netflix then speed is double, If other ISP then speed in Kbps.

? what?

• My ISP is delivering, when of course it feels like it. :D

• FiddeFidde Member

Seems like they have trouble measuring higher speed connections :(

• meatonmeaton Member

@kerouac said:

I, too, am also not connected to the internet. Speedtest.net works just fine though...hmm

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2016

@Fidde said:
    Seems like they have trouble measuring higher speed connections :(

Show off... It's a shame that when I asked why my Internet was slow, they hung up. I tried chatting, but they had excuses (they wanted me to call/message them back in the middle of the morning):

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited May 2016

@doghouch said:
    Show off... It's a shame that when I asked why my Internet was slow, they hung up. I tried chatting, but they had excuses (they wanted me to call/message them back in the middle of the morning):

BHell, welp.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • Abdussamad said: I like the site. It works straight away and does not require flash.

Yup, I also love it when websites start downloading test files on my mobile device without me clicking go when on a fixed-bandwidth tariff....

• @TheOnlyDK said:

@doghouch said:

BHell, welp.

It's the only disadvantage to being in Canada - we only have 3 main ISPs and unlimited/unmetered is rare :(

• @doghouch said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@doghouch said:

BHell, welp.

It's the only disadvantage to being in Canada - we only have 3 main ISPs and unlimited/unmetered is rare :(

I'm happy with Telus on the west, expensive but it works. Customer services never gave me trouble, except when I get frustrated when I can't understand what they are talking about on the other end.

If that was for your home connection, depends on where you live, you might be able to get Beanfield? Heard it's 250/250 for some cheap $$/month. It could still be on bell or Rogers, but it's much cheaper. Mobile? SOL, go to Quebec and get one of their plans.

• TheOnlyDK said: Beanfield

Nope, Beanfield isn't in Scarborough, ON :(

• @doghouch said:

TheOnlyDK said: Beanfield

Nope, Beanfield isn't in Scarborough, ON :(

RIP.