Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BitCoin - How does it work & Where do you cash in? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BitCoin - How does it work & Where do you cash in?

2»

Comments

• If you could go back 5 years and buy $100 worth of bitcoin that would be great! If you are thinking of investing now it's not really worth it, but it's still a great payment method for those who live where it's hard to accept payments and don't want to deal with paypal.

• blackblack Member

The reward for solving a crypto block is going to be halved in July (ETA). If you guys make a ton of money from this advice, pass me some 17J7faZDJjxByfCcJ9YjDb4heHUFE5SxqZ ;)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2016

@Nekki said:
    Cheers guy, this is all proving to be slightly trickier that I anticipated: Circle has subsequently frozen my account to do ID verification (which takes 3-5 days apparently), and trying to buy privately hasn't been a roaring success. I'll have a look at this if Circle don't sort my account shortly.

Ive created my wallet with blockchain without a hassle. And failed 2 private trades so went with something big and reputable bit4coin (9/10 at trustoilot). And after 2 days I received my gift card.

This is how much I paid: 53€ (50€ for bits + 3€ gift card postal). If you use bank transfer only it's: x€ for bits+1€ as no gift card will be sent.

What I received
    0.10924664 BTC

€46.15

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Woot, Circle account verified, whacky world of btc, here I come!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Nekki said:

Glad it worked for ya :D

• user123user123 Member

@Ympker said:
    9/10 at trustoilot

Am I the only one that read that as "trusttoilet?"

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • alimosavialimosavi Member
    edited May 2016

Bitcoin is not real cash system . I do not know why people trust it. I think it is a capitalist plan to steal people's cash.

• NixtrenNixtren Member
    edited May 2016

@alimosavi said:
    Bitcoin is not real cash system . I do not know why people trust it. I think it is a capitalist plan to steal people's cash.

It's decentralized money, money backed by algorithms instead of banks & governments ;)

Some people consider it real cash, other people don't.

Thanked by 1Abdussamad
  • alimosavi said: I do not know why people trust it.

Why trust it? Sounds like you didn't figure out what it is yet. :) (read this)

• @alimosavi said:

Seems your ignorance is talking. Next your going to act like my family and say its a ponzi scheme. it can be used like that just like any asset including physical money can be. It by definition itself isn't that and no one solely controls it.

You need to read some more :)

• @pcfreak30 said:

I use it myself but this is not mean "no one solely controls it" .

• alimosavi said: I use it myself but this is not mean "no one solely controls it" .

citation needed

• Using coinbase n received in ur bank account.

• lootloot Member

Holy crap that was one helluva run, the Chinese exchanges got rid of fees and people started buying like crazy and then hedging with LTC. Thought it was gonna break 4k CNY at one point, topped out at 3988CNY but I got antsy and started selling at a lot lower.

Well, better bust out the ol' Chinese ID again for Coinbase, I like Circle a lot more, Coinbase sketches me out a little and their trading platform can't keep up with Chinese volume.

Although that's a pretty classic Chinese-style run, luckily the Chinese client has this price point notification thing that is loud as hell. Still, actual non-trading market hit 550 which was pretty good, if you know how to ride the wave (can't sell short) there's money to be made, but I've only got a small stake in it so I'll sit out for a bit and maybe put up some nodes.

• @alimosavi said:

@pcfreak30 said:

I use it myself but this is not mean "no one solely controls it" .

The developers of the code do not and can't manipulate the system. The don't regulate the currency themselves. There is no treasury. No single entity can do that. So how is it solely controlled thus a capitalist plan?

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • @Nekki said:

What do Circle require for verification?

I am becoming suspicioius of all those passport/photo id verification requirements out there.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@rchurch said:

@Nekki said:

What do Circle require for verification?

I am becoming suspicioius of all those passport/photo id verification requirements out there.

Passport selfie. I wouldn't trust just anyone, but with respect to Circle, they have an FCA electronic money license in the UK and they have links to Barclays, so that's enough for me to consider them legit.

• Are there Bitcoin payment gateways that integrates with WHMCS ?

• @DreamCaster said:
    Are there Bitcoin payment gateways that integrates with WHMCS ?

BitPay

Thanked by 1DreamCaster
  • Domin43 said: BitPay

Signed up for it. I guess now I need a wallet. Any reliable recommendations ?

• rokokrokok Member

Electrum

Thanked by 1DreamCaster
  • DroidDroid Member

DreamCaster said: Signed up for it. I guess now I need a wallet. Any reliable recommendations ?

I like http://blockchain.info

Thanked by 1DreamCaster