Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is BlueVM now reliable? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is BlueVM now reliable?

2»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ATHK said:

Ehhhh you never know, Ernie seemed to be making changes to both BlueVM and HVH he was also the public face of HVH, at least I'm pretty sure he was ;) , hence the mention.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes with the rest though, I would like to think they're trying..

I'm also fairly sure that @Ernie was drinking more than Aldryic during those times >_>

Francisco

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

No.

• RalliasRallias Member

Francisco said: I'm also fairly sure that @Ernie was drinking more than Aldryic during those times >_>

I don't recall any "Ernie's in the hospital, donate now to help him out" threads.

• Information comes from a budget-class dedicated server in MTL running PHP Server Monitor off of a subdomain to various locations. Always running, 6 hours of packet loss/loss of connectivity during three periods over the last year for MTL. Otherwise, reachable and generally well routed.

MTL to HVH OpenVZ VM in Chicago, little to no load on the VM for twelve months:

MTL to HVH OpenVZ VM in Atlanta, little to no load on the VM for twelve months:

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Rallias said:

Francisco said: I'm also fairly sure that @Ernie was drinking more than Aldryic during those times >_>

I don't recall any "Ernie's in the hospital, donate now to help him out" threads.

@Ernie confirmed part russian?

Francisco

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@Rallias said:

Francisco

Lol no Russian.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • RalliasRallias Member

@Ernie said:

@Francisco said:

@Rallias said:

Francisco

Lol no Russian.

So @Francisco's assertion that you drink more than Aldryic is false.

• SunkinsSunkins Member

Try to pull you guys back to the topic.
    nearly 70% voters think BlueVM can no longer be trusted.

• RalliasRallias Member

@Sunkins said:
    Try to pull you guys back to the topic.

Why? More discussion = more float time = more voters

@Sunkins said:
    nearly 70% voters think BlueVM can no longer be trusted.

I for one am part of that 70%.

• DamianDamian Member

Why don't you just dump all the junky companies and work for one good one and do something good with your life?

• SunkinsSunkins Member

Good point.

@Damian said:
    Why don't you just dump all the junky companies and work for one good one and do something good with your life?

• PwnerPwner Member

@Ernie said:
    Im sorry I am no longer affiliated with BlueVM/HVH/ChicagoVPS/VSNX.

Congratulations on your promotion, you were the only honest tech over there that people respected and had positive things to say. That being said, leaving there is a promotion because I'm sure you'll find more success in plenty of other places. :)

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@Pwner said:

Congratulations on your promotion, you were the only honest tech over there that people respected and had positive things to say. That being said, leaving there is a promotion because I'm sure you'll find more success in plenty of other places. :)

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

• tenperatenpera Member

@Ernie I will follow wherever you go, any vps deal on your new venture?

• Geekoine said: by the way, what is that E3-1240V3 with 2 x 3.4GHz CPU?

https://www.chicagovps.net/services/dedicated-servers

Do they mean 2 cores? Half a server?

What you are looking at is not a physical dedicated server to yourself so you would receive 2 cores out of the 8 available on the hypervisor. It's a "Smart Server," essentially, a large KVM VPS. The physical dedicated servers are located under "ON DEMAND SERVERS" on that page.

@Ernie - Congratulations on the new position!