Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

[Request] Cheaper than that? Leaseweb vs others
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Request] Cheaper than that? Leaseweb vs others

lifehomelifehome Member
edited May 2016 in Requests

tl;dr

I am looking for a box for non-profit org, look at the list below if you can offer something similar or more.

So as the fact I'm moving a DO server(SGP) for an NGO because of the cost and prepay issue, also Ubuntu isn't really my friend and Arch is more "the thing" I embrace in, therefore I have a glance at Leaseweb. I have tried their service in the past few months, it's good and stable for hardware, quite decent network, vps2arch is also quite useful when comes to this environment.

So what I am looking for is the followings:
(The minimum spec, could go further if the price range is suitable)

• 1G RAM and single core CPU
  • 40G RAID 5,6,10 Storage, SSD array is a must as there is quite a lot of small attachment on the Discourse forum; still designing to separate those, but will remain as-is it is before an actual solution has worked out.
  • 3TB with 1G port network, with premium route to Hong Kong is preferable.
  • 1 v4, at least 4 v6
  • SLA on basic 24x7 is fine, as long as it won't take hours for high priority tickets.
  • Contract is on 24/36 months prepaid basis, so we're thinking below... ~$320?
  • Location is preferably Asia, otherwise a proof of good networking to Hong Kong is needed

I am looking for options where providers here can offer, and open for all comments, please do comment below and let me know if I am really naive for this price range, or there is room for improvement on my stack.

Please contact me via PM or Telegram(@lifehome), or even email via [email protected]

--Ivan

One special point: As the NGO aims for sexual education, and is an registered charity org in HK, all found "adult"-ish picture is only for educational use, such as how to use a condom, or other things. Despite HK people are rather implicit about sex aspect, I am uncertain if there is wild pictures on the site.

Current site: http://www.stickyricelove.com
Gov link for the charity registration: http://www.ird.gov.hk/cgi-bin/irdnew/ach/search.cgi?lang=e&id=91/12592,

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Given your budget, your options are limited: LeaseWeb, ConoHa... maybe some other regional providers.

Any provider advertising here is likely going to sell you Los Angeles or some crap like that.

• tommytommy Member

Charity need ipv6?

Why do you need so much b/w ? 1 gbps !!!
    How much b/w used last month?