Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lease to own E3 1230 at Dallas colounlimited.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lease to own E3 1230 at Dallas colounlimited.com

dosserverscadosserversca Member
edited February 2013 in General

Lease-To-Own Server -- $79/month:

Chassis: SuperMicro 4-Bay Hot-Swappable
Processor: Intel Xeon E3-1230 (8M Cache, 3.20 GHz)
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-1333 ECC
Storage: 2 x Seagate 1TB, SATA 3Gbps, 7200 RPM, 32MB Cache
Hardware RAID Controller: None
IP Addresses: 32 IP Addresses
Colocation Plan: 100 Mbps Unmetered
IPMI Port: Dedicated IPMI Uplink
Operating System: CentOS 6.x 64-bit
Software Licenses: None
Hostname / Server Label: xsrhtrtd
Term: 24 Months

Monthly Subtotal: $244.00

Click here to order

I think that price little too much (you most have contract for 2 years)
Also you most take "100 Mbps UNMETERED dedicated port" that cost $99 per month
What you think?

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2013

Meh. Too expensive and after 2 year, your hardware will probably be closed to EOL :S. If you can't get an year RTO on brand new server, just stick with with leased if buying hardware is expensive.

Not to mention, their support is going downhill. I guess they are feeling the pain of recent growth.

• I have checked them.They are expensive.As @NHNahian told you,forget about owning after two years,because by then you will get better hardwares at a cheaper rate.

• Im not looking to do ther lease to own we doing our own from HP and Dell we have good price

I just wondering who will do that?

• support123support123 Member
    edited February 2013

@dosserversca said: Im not looking to do ther lease to own we doing our own from HP and Dell we have good price

I just wondering who will do that?

Do not worry about it.There are people for all trains for both expensive and cheap

• What do other people recommend for RTO in the US? On lower monthly payments, we had a quote totalling $200 or so for a single machine at Colocrossing!

• @OSACOM said: What do other people recommend for RTO in the US? On lower monthly payments, we had a quote totalling $200 or so for a single machine at Colocrossing!

Well that's kinda difficult to tell if that's a good price or not. Would help if you state what that includes. A machine? Like a robot or a server? Like an Atom or an E3?

• here is what you need to remember, linode still uses thier older hardware. Use it till the wheels fall off like a car. That is the only way to make money on this stuff. Use your head for a minute. If hosts keep upgrading thier hardware they are going to start
    only getting the return on investment before they need to replace that hardware. Specially for lowendbox providers.

• @24khost said: here is what you need to remember, linode still uses thier older hardware. Use it till the wheels fall off like a car. That is the only way to make money on this stuff. Use your head for a minute. If hosts keep upgrading thier hardware they are going to start

only getting the return on investment before they need to replace that hardware. Specially for lowendbox providers.

Probably need a better business plan then.

• @24khost Old CPU is not an issue. I bet my money that linodes hard drives aren't 5 year old.

• @NHNahian said: @24khost Old CPU is not an issue. I bet my money that linodes hard drives aren't 5 year old.

They could be 5 year old models that have been warrantied 3 years in.... :)

• @ it was an E3-1240 4x 1TB SATA + LSI RAID on supermicro with ipmi

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited February 2013

@NHNahian Meh. Too expensive and after 2 year, your hardware will probably be closed to EOL

Harddrive are really not that expensive to replace in the grand scheme of things. You should be monitoring and replacing as need anyway.

Right now that hardware can probably go 3 to 4 years before it is Truley EOL and then you should have made your money back at least 2 fold.

• @Corey I have read somewhere that linode swaps out drives older than 1.5 year or mix them with new ones or something down those line.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2013

@24khost said: Harddrive are really not that expensive to replace in the grand scheme of things. You should be monitoring and replacing as need anyway.

Right now that hardware can probably go 3 to 4 years before it is Truley EOL and then you should have made your money back at least 2 fold.

What most people goes after RTO never consider is that after contract is over, no more free remotehand or drive swap :S

• @NHNahian said: no more free remotehand or drive swap :S

corexchange has free basic remote hands..... and free drive swap if you have hotswap bays.

• @Corey said: corexchange has free basic remote hands..... and free drive swap if you have hotswap bays.

For hotswap, you will have to have drives in stock ;). And Remote hand? Sure. They will reply to your ticket after 12 hour.

• @NHNahian said: For hotswap, you will have to have drives in stock ;). And Remote hand? Sure. They will reply to your ticket after 12 hour.

You have to have a drive in stock for any type of hard drive swap....

• @NHNahian should never get that far.

• @Corey said: You have to have a drive in stock for any type of hard drive swap....

Most RTO clients don't do it till it is too late and CC never have enough in stock.:(

• @NHNahian said: Most RTO clients don't do it till it is too late and CC never have enough in stock.:(

Who is CC? Wait - Corex doesn't replace failed drives before RTO period is over?

• @Corey said: Who is CC? Wait - Corex doesn't replace failed drives before RTO period is over?

Sorry meant C.E, stupid phone.

Before RTO they do, but I do not know. Only have one RTO with them for a voice server so you can guess my hardware status :). Had a server with them that I failed overnight and my stock was supposed to reach after 3 days. Asked for a quote and the answer was we are out of stock.

• Any where we have servers we send a gift pack of drives for them.

• @24khost said: Any where we have servers we send a gift pack of drives for them

Same here. But that particular time, all I had there were 500GB and 1tb drives and needed 2tb.:(

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

That's expensive, talk to @ChrisK about his RTO deals, he can probably do you the same deal, with more drives, 1Gbps, and only a 12 month RTO.

• @RobertClarke It might be good but, there might still be some sore buts from the other things. I support @ChrisK and what he did to make everything right. Even stood up for him. Just saying some might hesitate with Chris.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@24khost Up to them.

• If you're interested, I could definitely beat this pricing wise.. And we have redundant network & power.
    My email is: [email protected]