Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback on my portfolio
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback on my portfolio

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited May 2016 in Help

Working on a portfolio site right now and looking for some feedback on what to improve :-)
Please realize I am only just starting with webdesign/webdev so I might not be able to do everything that is proposed (or atleast not without some guidance :P). In case anyone asks: No, the whole website wasn't coded from scratch as I wouldn't be able to this just yet, however it is great to see that I can still manipulate some stuff I couldn't before and I hope this feeling will grow stronger as I learn new things^^

Anyway here goes: nicos-web.com

Is it just me, or does the website look better on the phone than it does in the desktop browser? :O

Edit: CV is not included by purpose. Also the social links are not set up yet.

Kind regards,
Ympker

Comments

• dailydaily Member
    edited May 2016

I would consider boxing some stuff in. Everything looks kinda loosely there. Also maybe spacing the icons out a little bit from the text. Another thing you might consider is putting the name of your account under the website icons at the bottom, in case they don't want to click a link but will keep it referenced for later.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@dailymc said:
    I would consider boxing some stuff in. Everything looks kinda loosely there. Also maybe spacing the icons out a little bit from the text. Another thing you might consider is putting the name of your account under the website icons at the bottom, in case they don't want to click a link but will keep it referenced for later.

I was acctually thinking about boxing the various "Skills" with a 1px white border but then it would kinda look weird on mobile but better on desktop...

Cant follow you on which "account" you are referring to :P Please try to fill me in haha XD

• dailydaily Member

At the bottom of the page where you have StackExchange, LinkedIn, etc.

Ympker said: Cant follow you on which "account" you are referring to :P Please try to fill me in haha XD

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ATHKATHK Member

Atleast it's mobile friendly, that's a start.

• It looks so huge for me. Atleast center the About me part.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@MissFortune said:
    It looks so huge for me. Atleast center the About me part.

Thats why I said it looks better on phone^^

• ATHKATHK Member

http://www.rleonardi.com/interactive-resume/

Has been my favorite for a few years now.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@ATHK said:
    http://www.rleonardi.com/interactive-resume/

Has been my favorite for a few years now.

Wow that one is just awesome! :)

• hmm, it's a bit dull.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@louis_lau said:
    hmm, it's a bit dull.

In how far and what would you like to see changed? :)

• Well, it kinda looks like a spreadsheet converted to a website. Add some colour, shapes or illustrations! :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • srvrprosrvrpro Member

Please add:
    body { -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; }

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@srvrpro said:
    Please add:
    body { -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; }

What will that do? :)

• srvrprosrvrpro Member

Ympker said: What will that do? :)

Make fonts smoother on mac, and windows as well I think.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Ympker: ich empfehle ein Existenzgründer-Seminar, es gibt nach deutschem Recht viele Stolpersteine... Hast Du ein Gewerbe angemeldet? Hast Du Dich mit den Fragen nach Impressum und Co auseinandergesetzt? Viel Erfolg! ;-)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Falzo said:
    @Ympker: ich empfehle ein Existenzgründer-Seminar, es gibt nach deutschem Recht viele Stolpersteine... Hast Du ein Gewerbe angemeldet? Hast Du Dich mit den Fragen nach Impressum und Co auseinandergesetzt? Viel Erfolg! ;-)

Hey @Falzo
    Gewerbe habe ich bereits vor ca 2 jahren angemeldet da ich ja schon länger mit WP Webseitem hobbytechnisch mache (ca 4 Jahre)..So ein Seminar wäre sicherlich interessant kannst du da was empfehlen? Impressum kenne ich einen Anwalt aber anonsten e-recht24 der standard text..

• fullstackboyfullstackboy Member
    edited May 2016

Ympker said: I was acctually thinking about boxing the various "Skills" with a 1px white border but then it would kinda look weird on mobile but better on desktop...

Use a media query to turn it off on mobile (or rather on, on desktop).

Thanked by 1Ympker