Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

User study
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

User study

jhjh Member
edited February 2013 in General

For university I need to do some user testing of some software I wrote. The software is web-based proof of concept for video creation software which takes uploads of small video clips and attempts to create larger, "Life in a Day" style films in using metadata.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find enough people on my course to test this and my deadline is coming up very soon, so I would like to know if anyone here might be interested.

You will need to take a few (about 10 would be great) short (< 30 second) video clips of your day today/tomorrow and then:

• Upload your video clips and give them a title,
  • Watch some of others' video clips and tag them,
  • Watch two final very short films and give your thoughts on each
  • Give your thoughts on the software and concept as a whole

I can pay you £5 / $7 for taking part, and it would be very useful for me academically.

Please post on here if you're interested/willing.

Comments

• Definitely! Count me in! You don't even have to pay me if you don't want to. PM me with details, and I'll help if I can.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Sure! I'd be happy to help. Email me [email protected]

• I would be interested in this. Can you give some sort of "privacy policy" or whatever regarding the things I upload?

• jhjh Member

@Damian said: I would be interested in this. Can you give some sort of "privacy policy" or whatever regarding the things I upload?

What would you want in the privacy policy? I'm hoping to make the videos public, but for this study and my final assessment at the end of this year only.

• what kind of videos you need? mail me on [email protected]

• @praveenbhat said: what kind of videos you need? mail me on [email protected]

Obviously nudity ;-)

• Sure I would like to help for free, because you need help like all the studentss :D

for more info about your project send me a PM

• jhjh Member

Thanks @DStrout, @shovenose, @Damian, @praveebhat, @martip07 and @liamwithers

Could you please take a few short (must be strictly under 40 seconds) video clips on your phone to relevant to "life in a day", register for an account at www.cliptofilm.com and upload them.

Then watch a few films of yours and others and tag them by entering new tags of upvoting existing tags.

Then click Create Film 1 and 2 and for each, just hit enter in the text box, watch the film and fill in the short survey (www.cliptofilm.com/survey.pdf) and send to me.

I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to do this. Any questions just let me know. It'd be great if this could be done asap as I need to write this all up soonish.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I will get right to it. :)

• Is necessary to speak in the video because Herr we speak in Spanish and will be difficult find people that speak in English.

• jhjh Member

No you don't have to speak

• @jhadley said: - Watch some of others' video clips and tag them,

• Watch two final very short films and give your thoughts on each
    • Give your thoughts on the software and concept as a whole

i can help you with these without payment :) PM me

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

@jhadley said: cliptofilm.com

Doesn't load, for me at least.

• @Infinity said: Doesn't load, for me at least.

Same here.

• jhjh Member
    edited March 2013

Sorry try now - there is an issue with the Apache configuration I still have to sort.

• Ok now I am updating a video of 1:05 seconds sorry if it is too long but i just record it from in mu class