Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving on from JustSeed.it...where?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Moving on from JustSeed.it...where?

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I've let most of my non-JSI seedboxin' lapse because JSI was just so easy to use. But as discussed, they're closing and may or may not return.

So I'm making a list of options. What else to add? I am looking for no-hassle seeding. If you want to get into a long discussion on law or morals (and I'm happy to completely defend myself on either), let's do that in the Cest Pit, mmmkay?

Options:

• Kimsufi. Probably $15-17/mo since the cheaper boxes are never in stock. Generally I had a good experience there, though network was sometimes hit or miss, particularly coming back to the US.
  • Seedbox service. Same if not more. There are many.
  • BuyVM - torrent-friendly. Less disk space but great service.
  • HostSolutions.ro - @cociu 's romanian hookup. Cheap but I've never actually used my $6/quarter VPS...and only 30GB disk.
  • VPN service and torrent from home, but I'd rather not go there.

Definitely don't want to violate any TOS/AUP.

Comments

• DamianDamian Member

raindog308 said: VPN service and torrent from home, but I'd rather not go there.

I do this and find it to work MUCH better than seedboxes. Another bonus is that the media is already local and I don't have to spend more time/effort moving it to myself.

What do you know that I don't know!?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Damian said:
    What do you know that I don't know!?

My home download is fine but I only have only 10 up. Between dropbox, crashplan, etc, it's a scarce resource.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • RamiRami Member
    edited May 2016

Online.net PERSONAL RANGE is very good with a great connection but the problem is there is Set-up fees: €20.00 :(

https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server#perso

I'm using the one I got from them for €1.99 for seedbox + VPN and it's working great

• I used online.net without any issue as a seedbox

• tommytommy Member

scaleway + 150 GB total 200 GB for € 5.99/m

Thanked by 1raindog308

Rami said: Online.net PERSONAL RANGE is very good with a great connection but the problem is there is Set-up fees: €20.00 :(

Still...

Online: 8.99EUR + setup fee, over six months = 12.32EUR/mo

Kimsufi: 11.99EUR + setup fee (9.99), over six months = 13.65EUR/mo

• RamiRami Member

@raindog308 said:

Rami said: Online.net PERSONAL RANGE is very good with a great connection but the problem is there is Set-up fees: €20.00 :(

Still...

Online: 8.99EUR + setup fee, over six months = 12.32EUR/mo

Kimsufi: 11.99EUR + setup fee (9.99), over six months = 13.65EUR/mo

And also don't forget that Online connection is much more better than OVH

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Have a look at MikroVPS. From memory, they're based in Hungary and torrent-friendly, seem to have a lot of decent feedback and plans all seem nicely priced. Not a huge amount of disk, but not awful either.

Personally, I'm going to led with the ridiculous monster plan @cociu sorted out for me earlier this month, and see where things go from there.

Thanked by 1sin
  • cociucociu Member

Nekki said: Personally, I'm going to led with the ridiculous monster plan @cociu sorted out for me earlier this month, and see where things go from there.

huh .... STILL LOVE YOU !

• The storage plans of @time4vps allow torrents ;)

• kerouackerouac Member

how about Put.io? Been using it for about 4 months, seems OK so far.

deadbeef said: The storage plans of @time4vps allow torrents ;)

Hmmm...publicly they say they don't allow "illegal torrents" which, poor choice of language aside, usually means they're not torrent-friendly...?

https://lowendbox.com/blog/time4vps-openvz-vps-in-lithuania-starting-at-e9-90year-for-512mb/

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited May 2016

@raindog308 said:

deadbeef said: The storage plans of @time4vps allow torrents ;)

Hmmm...publicly they say they don't allow "illegal torrents" which, poor choice of language aside, usually means they're not torrent-friendly...?

Hmm, they used to say differently: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1009995/#Comment_1009995

Perhaps they don't want the attention any more. I have 3 storage boxes there connecting to private trackers. If it's not allowed any more, I'm interested to know @time4vps

deadbeef said: private trackers

Ahhh...that may explain it.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

I tested hostsolutions 6€/quarter, scaleway C1 (ARM) and scaleway VC1 for torrenting.

The scaleway VC1 outperforms the C1 and the vps from hostsolutions by a large margin. I guess because the host-node is probably hooked up with 2.5gbps.

I could manage speeds as high as 70mb/s with this 2.99€ vps.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • cociucociu Member

tr1cky said: I tested hostsolutions 6€/quarter, scaleway C1 (ARM) and scaleway VC1 for torrenting.

The scaleway VC1 outperforms the C1 and the vps from hostsolutions by a large margin. I guess because the host-node is probably hooked up with 2.5gbps.

wait until next week , we will upgrade each node with +1gbps dedicated , so i hope this will be verry agradeceded by our customers

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • PandyPandy Member
    edited May 2016

@tr1cky said:
    I tested hostsolutions 6€/quarter, scaleway C1 (ARM) and scaleway VC1 for torrenting.

Isnt the max storage 200gb also on the vc1? and 1€ per 50gb

i wish you could get more hdd storage instead of little bit of ssd space

• dailydaily Member

@cociu said:
    agradeceded

I think you're looking for 'appreciated'.

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

cociu said: wait until next week , we will upgrade each node with +1gbps dedicated , so i hope this will be verry agradeceded by our customers

I think that isn't what makes online.net faster, it's the location. There are a lot of seedboxes at online.net and there are even more at OVH.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

tr1cky said: I think that isn't what makes online.net faster, it's the location. There are a lot of seedboxes at online.net and there are even more at OVH.

The way @cociu is going there'll be plenty in his location too.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@Nekki said:

tr1cky said: I think that isn't what makes online.net faster, it's the location. There are a lot of seedboxes at online.net and there are even more at OVH.

The way @cociu is going there'll be plenty in his location too.

Of course, but it still won't be comparable to OVH + Online.net

• NekkiNekki Veteran

tr1cky said: Of course, but it still won't be comparable to OVH + Online.net

FUCK YOU AND YOUR UNASSAILABLE LOGIC.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

deadbeef said: I have 3 storage boxes there connecting to private trackers. If it's not allowed any more, I'm interested to know @time4vps

You are asking them to agree on hosting copyright infringement?

Just use the box and shut up...

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2016

@Nyr said:

deadbeef said: I have 3 storage boxes there connecting to private trackers. If it's not allowed any more, I'm interested to know @time4vps

Hey now, we're all seeding Linux ISOs! Every last one of us :)

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited May 2016

@jarland said:
    Hey now, we're all seeding Linux ISOs! Every last one of us :)

Yes that last distro release of centos6.9-GOT was great.

edited May 2016

@Nyr said:

Who said anything about copyright infridgement... I mean apart from you? I don't suppose you're one of those people who download movies and stuff? :p

@jarland 's response was great, but I just couldn't resist :D

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2016

deadbeef said: Who said anything about copyright infridgement... I mean apart from you?

You with the "private trackers" part? But I get it, you created a private tracker that no one knows about just to share those Linux ISOs with your friends.

deadbeef said: I don't suppose you're one of those people who download movies and stuff?

Yes, I am. That's actually not prosecuted at all in Spain and we can do it freely :)

edited May 2016

@Nyr said:
    But I get it, you created a private tracker that no one knows about just to share those Linux ISOs with your friends.

And pdfs we write ourselves... See? :p Pure like a baby seal.

deadbeef said: I don't suppose you're one of those people who download movies and stuff?

Yes, I am. That's actually not prosecuted at all in Spain and we can do it freely :)

That's nice.

• You can get dedicated servers for peanuts now, I suggest using them! If you are seeding from a private tracker, moral issues aside, DMCA should not be an issue and most providers won't mind.