Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help in running a host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help in running a host

RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
edited February 2013 in General

Hey guys. Who wants to help me in running a hosting company? What I got for now is in my signature. Can you give ne any suggestions?

Comments

• For starters, many people will not buy hosting from a '.info' domain.

• Unlimited MySQL Databases

Unlimited POP3 Email Accounts

No

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

They are truly unlimited as long as space is met.

I have loveservers.com too.

• @Radi said: They are truly unlimited as long as space is met.

"as long as x" is not unlimited.

Number is unlimited only.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Why do you need advice? According to your site, you have a huge team of seasoned professionals to ask for information:

Since 2011 our goal has been to provide the very best products for hosting and top notch customer support to go along with it.

Our Technical Support Team is made up of dedicated certified and seasoned IT experts with industry specific experience. 

As a follow-up we've added months of practical training sessions before we welcome a person to the Time-Taker team.

That is why we invest time, efforts and resources into multiple on-going training programs for all employees. 

To achieve this level of knowledge and expertise we carry out regular performance evaluations, identify new fields of improvement and constantly encourage our staff to participate in industry specialized certification programs, hands-on training sessions, technical seminars and conferences.

At Time-Taker we pride ourselves with our young, eager and highly-motivated team of volunteers. To share our experience and stand together behind the Time-Taker idea, we regularly organize team building events. To encourage work cooperation, understanding and recognition between the members of our team we get together several times a year.

If you have questions about running your business, maybe you should go to one of those team-building events or conferences and ask questions.

edited February 2013

Site is also a subject to editing.
    We actually are a few geeks. :D

edited February 2013

This are some copied paragraphs, please forgive me for this. :S

• Don't listen to any of these naysayers, keep forging ahead, you're off to a great start.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

And what you had in mind when you selected that domain .. I am still thinking what that actually signify ?

edited February 2013

@kalam Thank you. :) Best of luck to you.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Radi said: I have loveservers.com too.

I will give your $50 for it

@Saahib This is a long story. It was meant to be a personal site Time-Taker, but then I decided to experiment and made this out of it.

• @Saahib said: And what you had in mind when you selected that domain .. I am still thinking what that actually signify ?

they take their time to respond to tickets?

?

• Why do so many hosters use that template... Seriously, it is getting old now.

edited February 2013

@murky: Actually when this was a personal website, I made it with the idea to take people's time when browsing through it ( was a forum + social network etc.). But now, it practically takes my time :D.

• Well, here are a few of my thoughts to hopefully help you.

1. Your template is old, and is used too many times. It's not fresh, it reminds people of old and scam hosts.

2. Your website name and TLD isn't amazing. TimeTaker? .info?

3. That logo, oh god.. that's from a free logo generator.. it's not showing anything professional.

I know it might just be the beginning of your company, but first impressions count ya know ;)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

What does Time Taker mean?

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited February 2013

@Nick_A said: What does Time Taker mean?

You buy a VPS, find out it's garbage, put a lot of time in getting a refund. Eventually all they will have taken is time ;-)

• I am not going to comment on the site/service/viability of your business, but I will say good call on actually asking for help. If more people did that....

Oh OK, one comment on the site - terrible domain and terrible lies in the copied text ;)

Hopefully it will become what is in the text.

@BronzeByte: We ALLOW Refunds.

• @Nick_A said: What does Time Taker mean?

It steals your time.

It meant this when it was my personal site. Now even I don't know what it can mean.

• @Radi said: Hopefully it will become what is in the text.

Until it does, it's fabrication.

Or a marketing atempt.

• @Radi said: Or a marketing atempt.

There's no 'or'. If you're claiming things that aren't true, that's not marketing, it's simply lying.

Could you throw up a link to your exclusive and free iPhone app please? I'd like to take a look at it, but couldn't find anything related to 'time taker/timetaker' in the app store.