Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Luna Node website design
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Luna Node website design

sb56637sb56637 Member
edited May 2016 in Providers

https://lunanode.com/

Looking good!

Thanked by 1perennate

Comments

• TomTom Member

looks very nice!

• MadMad Member

Yes, I like it. It's well designed.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

More luna node please.

Thanked by 3Tom GCat sin
  • tommytommy Member

lets encrypt

Thanked by 1yomero
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

looks like shit <-- don't actually mean it, mostly just think old website was easier to use for me :P

Edit: not that I wouldn't recommend http://harzemdesign.com/ for web design; I do like the home page a lot, just think some subpages look a bit off / inconsistent style, but hey jason disagrees.

• @perennate said:
    looks like shit

LetsEncrypt?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

doghouch said: LetsEncrypt?

No, the new website. We have been using Let's Encrypt since the public beta -- their open and transparent platform aligns with our belief in free software; meanwhile, the automation and zero cost allow us to use separate certificates for each subdomain, which boosts our security (admittedly, only by a small amount) compared to wildcard or multi-domain certificates, while also decreasing maintenance overhead. When users purchase certificates resold from gogetssl.com from our panel, we advise them to consider using Let's Encrypt instead with this notice:

Note: Instead of purchasing an SSL certificate, consider obtaining SSL certificates via the free, open, and automated Let's Encrypt platform. Let's Encrypt is a trusted certificate authority managed by the Internet Security Research Group, a California public benefit corporation that aims to reduce financial, technological, and educational barriers to secure communication over the Internet.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @perennate said:
    looks like shit

Edit: not that I wouldn't recommend http://harzemdesign.com/ for web design; I do like the home page a lot, just think some subpages look a bit off / inconsistent style, but hey jason disagrees.

Harzem's portfolio is actually pretty extensive, but I wouldn't say Harzem is perfect.

• praveenpraveen Member

Nice design! i like it.. they are a very good company too..

• The red parts don't blend in very well, but otherwise one of the better designs I've seen for a host

• swainswain Member

I really like the design, but some of the small stuff is really bothering me

For example the rounded buttons on the services page
    Image of original features page

Would at least in my opinion look way better with only rounding on the top-right and left

border-top-right-radius: 5px;
    border-top-left-radius: 5px;

quick edit

I'm no designer, but those kinds of little things really bother me, maybe its my ocd...

• NixtrenNixtren Member

I actually liked more the old design, this new design looks more "generic". I don't know how to explain :P

• UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited May 2016

Nixtren said: I actually liked more the old design, this new design looks more "generic". I don't know how to explain :P

Agreed.

I really liked the old bootstrap + Darkly design better.
    Also, when I saw your new logo, I thought it was like a new logo for SolusVM or something (I saw a big S, not a L and a N).

• sinsin Member

@Nixtren said:
    I actually liked more the old design, this new design looks more "generic". I don't know how to explain :P

Same here, I loved the old design - it was simple and got information across quickly.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • chinmoychinmoy Member

The old design was original and simplistic. This one is cluttered and looks like a generic web hosting WP theme.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • alexnjhalexnjh Member

It looks like a weird with all the colors

• smansman Member
    edited May 2016

Is there a template somewhere for the old design? This one is nice but just a little bit too busy. Needs less edges, less abrupt transitions on the edges, less lines, less square corners.

• The old design had a we-know-our-shit appeal for me.

I wish we had more gray backgrounds around.

Thanked by 2theroyalstudent sin
  • @vimalware said:
    The old design had a we-know-our-shit appeal for me.

I wish we had more gray backgrounds around.

+1, now it has the "we-are-big-and-rich-but-we-might-not-know-enough" appeal, though they are perfectly capable.