Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Move from solusvm to Virtualizo, question! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Move from solusvm to Virtualizo, question!

2»

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

From whats been discussed, they actually fix their stuff when something is broken. Unlike Solus who still waits for v2.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

sweatbar said: Virtualizor support sucks thats for sure

Its not the best, that is true, but compared to SolusVM/OnApp they are GODLIKE

Thanked by 3Rhys Ympker sweatbar
  • edited June 2017

@Shoaib_A said:

@Andreix said:
    Virtualizor is a pain in the node (see what I did here ?). If you really want to migrate from solusvm, I'd rater choose Proxmox or oVirt. I had great experience with both.

Can you share the reason for leaving SolusVM ? I use it for lowend vServers and had no issues so far.

@Clouvider said:
    Ask their support. You'll rather quickly learn that you probably don't want to migrate to Virtualizor.

SolusVM is more stable in the sense that it has less bugs & has been around for longer but Virtualizor has more features like support for QCOW2/RAW/ZFS, CentOS7/Ubuntu, better resource allocation options & so many other features which SolusVM currently lacks. SolusVM recently added for routed networking & SolusVM v2 is expected to have many of the other features that people demand but no ETA has been provided for it. Virtualizor is lot more buggy but they not only fix them regularly but keep adding new useful features at least once a month as well. I found Virtualizor's support to be at the same level as SolusVM, trying to be as helpful as possible.

Proxmox is also good but often gets ignored by providers in LE market probably because it doesn't support WHMCS out of the box & some of those third party modules cost more than what a provider in LE market makes per node. No support for CentOS could be another reason.

Overall I think both SolusVM & Virtualizor are decent control panels considering they are aimed at budget market & therefore it is unfair to compare either of them with OnApp, Virtuozzo etc

Proxmox is not really an option for a hosting reseller. Wasn't a good fit for hosting before the switch to LXC. Since LXC lacks security for public internet use it's simply not an option for any kind of hosting. If you just want to use the KVM part there are better alternatives to ProxMox for that.