Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Colocation Required
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Colocation Required

gurugrvgurugrv Member
edited May 2016 in Requests

I want to try my hands at colocation and need some cheap service from a decent enough provider. I'll probably buy a cheap dedi from ebay and get it shipped to the DC.

The requirements are fairly simple. 1U, 2 Amps/120V, min. 10TB bandwidth, free remote reboot/install, free basic remote hands, free setup and any location would do.

Comments

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

If colocation in the Netherlands is an option for you, we might be able to help you with that :-)
    Don't know the specs of the colo server you would like to grab from eBay, but we might have some hardware that you could buy/lease for a low fee.

Besides that, when you're looking for a cheap colo server. Look for something with a ILO/IPMI/DRAC interface, so you can do reboots/reinstalls all yourself. In my opinion a better option than some sort of an automatized (re)install system - especially when you want to enter the BIOS or want to load a custom ISO without too many hassle.
    Also, when you're going to buy a used server from eBay, look for hardware that is energy efficient. Especially with cheap colo you want to to keep power usage as minimum as possible.

Thanked by 1Four20
  • cociucociu Member

location prefered ?

• gurugrvgurugrv Member

ANY LOCATION WOULD DO.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

You'll want to give a cost.

If you give Vyper costs you're going to get sacked.

Francisco

• VereloxVerelox Member

What's your server's power usage? We may be able to do this in Netherlands starting from 35 EUR including 10 TB bandwidth @ 1Gbps with 5 IPv4 addresses if you are still looking, but it would be 0.5 Amp and 230V instead. There will be remote power management and installations.