Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Storage For Plex Share
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Storage For Plex Share

Can anyone supply a list of cloud suppliers that allow plex sharing and also pricing?

Looking for upwards of 10tb - ulimited.

Price range is 45$

Comments

• Thanks, had a look there. Looking for a bit more space.
    Even things like amazon unlimited drive or blazeback

• tommytommy Member

then go for backblaze

• Bandwidth/Latency will play a part in this as well, no good having 10TB+ of cloud storage if you can't read back from it quick enough to ensure smooth playback.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

Plex + Amazon unlimited cloud is best bet

• @TarZZ92 said:

I am using this too as I rebuild my local raid and it works quite well.

• @TarZZ92 said:

Any tips/suggestions? I've tried this solution using ACD_CLI and mounting ACD as a directory. I've found that copying / streaming play back is just dog slow that it keeps buffering every 30 seconds or so. I've tried both encrypted and unencrypted MKV files.

• HackedServer said: I am using this too as I rebuild my local raid and it works quite well.

and what about price?

• HackedServerHackedServer Member
    edited May 2016

@dedicados said:
    and what about price?

Its normally $60/yr, I got a year for $10 when they had some promo. I've read of people getting 1 year free and then 1 year at $10 after.

I got asked how my setup is in a PM.

On my plex box I just have acd_cli mount on reboot.
    @reboot /usr/local/bin/acd_cli mount --modules="subdir,subdir=/DataBackup/movies" /data/movies @reboot /usr/local/bin/acd_cli mount --modules="subdir,subdir=/DataBackup/tv" /data/tv @reboot /usr/local/bin/acd_cli mount --modules="subdir,subdir=/DataBackup/anime" /data/anime

Nothing fancy. I have another download box that has similar mounts, and I use rclone by hand for some things. Because of this I've had issues with acd_cli updating to see the new files. I run acd_cli sync and then reboot (ugly, but its a temporary solution for me).

I have 10TB stored on ACD, and I pushed 10TB over a month and pulled 15TB or so in a similar time frame.

Thanked by 2dedicados henkb
  • thanks, and the price is for how many GB?

• henkbhenkb Member

@HackedServer: Thanks for the info!

• It looks like this week some people got sharing disabled in Amazon Cloud Drive. Most of them were using Plex and ACD as storage backend. There is a thread in reddit about it.

I don't think it is safe to use it for media storage until it is clear how people are targetted.

Thanked by 1josephb
  • TionTion Member

@bleedinge said:
    It looks like this week some people got sharing disabled in Amazon Cloud Drive. Most of them were using Plex and ACD as storage backend.

Not really suprising. People really started to abuse Amazon Cloud Drive after that unlimited offer.
    Quite a few streaming websites currently use ACD to serve their illegal movies.

Funny how Amazon didn't see this coming. Microsoft went for the same marketing move years ago and got a huge backslash after trimming their offer back to a reasonable level.

• @Tion said:
    Microsoft went for the same marketing move years ago and got a huge backslash after trimming their offer back to a reasonable level.

I dont know if I would call 5GB reasonable.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

The issue with the "unlimited" storage plans is that they never come with limitations that are clear to us. It must be a sales tacktic to get a ton of people to sign up to yearly plans in the early months and then start throttling connections and enforcement of "Fair Use"

• DamianDamian Member

Tion said: Microsoft went for the same marketing move years ago and got a huge backslash after trimming their offer back to a reasonable level.

Not as bad as when Bitcasa said, basically, "we're discontinuing unlimited plans in a week and you've got that amount of time to download terabytes of your data at 1 megabyte/sec. Good luck!".

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

Damian said: download terabytes of your data at 1 megabyte/sec

that's at VERY BEST. it's typically less than half that.

• henkbhenkb Member

Tried uploading data to Amazon cloud drive with my hetzner dedicated server with a 1gbit connection. I stopped after an hour.

Because file transfer was about 50mbit, peaking at 85%.
    CPU at 8%, peaking at 11%.

I checked if the hetzner connection was the limit, but during transfer I could download at my full 150mbit to my home.

So I won't be using ACD for now. Thanks anyways.