Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QUADIX - support troubles [resolved]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QUADIX - support troubles [resolved]

_Nic_Nic Member
edited May 2016 in General

Hello!

I rented their server. But their CPUs and disk were quite slow for my tasks. I decided to cancel it.
I selected server cancellation on portal. I picked option "on the end billing period" (May 12th) and pressed Submit. Their portal is inconvenient, and in this case there is white invisible Reason field without border on white background. I got error message because this field was empty. I filled reason field and pressed Submit.
Today my server was off. I created ticket about it. They responded me that my server was cancelled due to my request of immediate cancellation. I was surprised, because I wanted to use the server all paid time, as they aren't refunding a money for the unused time. I reported them about it. They insisted that I chose the immediate cancellation.
I wanted to get my server and data until the end paid period. I analyzed the situation and understood that their portal due to inessential error reseted my explicit selection of cancellation option and it picked "immediate cancellation". I notified them about the wrong behavior of their portal. They apologized, but refused to provide the server until the end of the period and lost my data.
At the end they just blocked my account.

Sorry for my bad English grammar.

Comments

• what was inadequate?

• emre22emre22 Member

• _Nic_Nic Member
    edited May 2016

century1stop said: what was inadequate?

They removed my server and data without my explicit confirmation, and they did nothing for correcting their mistake. Is it OK?

• two sides to a story, what they see is "immediate cancellation" and your story. not possible to rectify any cancellation since server is recycled.

• @_Nic said:

century1stop said: what was inadequate?

They removed my server and data without my explicit confirmation, and they did nothing for correcting their mistake. Is it OK?

From their side you submited and requests they dealt with the requests.

WHMCS sends an email to confirm your cancellation, so you had a chance to notice your error

You should always check forms on a re-submit, I guess there is work they could do to fix the formating, and I guess a good will gesture refund for the 3 days, but in their eyes unless you was paying $$$ a 3 day refund is not worth much.

• Is this a way to get @MarkTurner posting on LET again? Sounds like it!

• _Nic_Nic Member

AshleyUk said: From their side you submited and requests they dealt with the requests.

I agree, but portal is their tool. And they must have ways to resolve their portal issues.

AshleyUk said: WHMCS sends an email to confirm your cancellation, so you had a chance to notice your error

I didn't get email about immediate cancellation at explicit view

AshleyUk said: I guess a good will gesture refund for the 3 days, but in their eyes unless you was paying $$$ a 3 day refund is not worth much.

There are many ways for correction error and to be customer-oriented. But they did nothing.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

You picked the wrong item in a drop down and you're blaming someone else? Makes sense.....

• volumedrivevolumedrive Member
    edited May 2016

@_Nic

This was explained in your recent ticket several times. You most certainly did select an immediate cancellation, an email was sent also confirming this. WHMCS is very standard when requesting a cancellation, you had two choices, either end of billing cycle or immediate, you did select immediate from the drop down and this was processed as such.

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject: New Cancellation Request

Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 14:43:03 -0500

To: Quad IX billing@quadix.co, Operations Manager info@quadix.co

A new cancellation request has been submitted.

Client ID: xxx

Client Name: xxxxxx

Service ID: xxx

Product Name: Dual Intel Xeon L5630 16 Core Dedicated Server

Cancellation Type: Immediate

Cancellation Reason: Hardware is not satisfy

Please let us know if you need further proof. We will send you a pro-rated refund for the remainder of your billing cycle. You had 4 days left in your billing cycle (due on May 12th) which amounts to $5, we'll send you confirmation of this refund in your ticket.

Hello,

Refund for 5.06 has been sent to the paypal on file.

Thank you.

• _Nic_Nic Member

agoldenberg said: You picked the wrong item in a drop down and you're blaming someone else? Makes sense.....

Hmmm ... I didn't pick "immediate cancellation", I explicit chose "on the end of billing period"

• _Nic_Nic Member
    edited May 2016

@volumedrive Why do you shure that I certainly selected "immediate cancellation"? I explained some times that the portal reseted this value (if default value would be empty for example it would be exclude this trouble)

I got your refund. Thanks.
    What about unblock my account?
    I need change topic title.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2016

@_Nic said:
    @volumedrive Why do you shure that I certainly selected "immediate cancellation"? I explained some times that the portal reseted this value (if default value would be empty for example it would be exclude this trouble)

Well they've got a page, same as everyone else that uses WHMCS, that submits a POST request with the value of that selection box. They received a POST request with "immediate cancellation" selected. Now, it is possible that there was a browser extension interfering, or that you're using an odd browser/version, or even that their template has some errors. However, default assumption is that this form is working properly if others are not having trouble with it.

Now, if you're willing to help them troubleshoot it, ask them to set the service as active, ready your browser debug window, and do a screen cast of the cancellation form submission. Submit your findings and all relevant version numbers to their staff.

Otherwise, if no one else is having trouble with it and it works in their own tests, they should consider the possibility that you accidentally made the wrong choice and either did not notice or refuse to take responsibility.

Thanked by 2century1stop netomx
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Well, here's the thing. Computer doesn't lie. Humans do. If a system says you picked immediate cancellation, I am going to believe the system rather than your claim.

Thanked by 1matteob
    edited May 2016

@_Nic said:

agoldenberg said: You picked the wrong item in a drop down and you're blaming someone else? Makes sense.....

Hmmm ... I didn't pick "immediate cancellation", I explicit chose "on the end of billing period"

@_Nic,

We process new orders and cancellations all the time without a single issue or report of selection errors. WHMCS is extremely standard and we aren't running anything custom in this regard. We are sorry, but have to disagree with you here.

Here is plausibly and most likely what happened;

• You selected "end of billing cycle" and then didn't enter anything in the reason text box, you clicked submit and the page error(ed), forcing a reload of the page and the default option of "Immediate" from the drop down, you then entered "Hardware is not satisfy" without checking the Cancellation Type selection which was set to Immediate and you then clicked submit.

An email was sent to you confirming Immediate and you also would have been able to see this in the WHMCS client portal. This was a failure of due-diligence on your end to double check that your cancellation request was correct.

Yet still we have processed a pro-rated refund for the remaining 4 days you had on your service. If you need further assistance, need additional proof or have any questions or concerns, please refer to your existing support ticket.

• _Nic_Nic Member
    edited May 2016

@volumedrive, email about cancellation hasn't "immediate" or similar word. Also it hasn't link for revoke cancellation. Is it right?
    You could offer constructive solutions in the ticket, rather than to block the account. Or is it better?

edited May 2016

@_Nic, there most certainly is a way to correct the cancellation type, by recognizing the error you made and then opening a support ticket requesting it to be corrected. Your account was not blocked and you can still update/create support tickets, only the server was reclaimed due to the type of cancellation you requested.

This email sent to you explicitly stated "The service will be terminated within the next 24 hours".

To: xxxxxxx

Subject: Cancellation Request Confirmation

Dear xxxxxx,

This email is to confirm that we have received your cancellation request for the service listed below.

Product/Service: Dual Intel Xeon L5630 16 Core Dedicated Server

Domain: xxxxxx.com

The service will be terminated within the next 24 hours.

Thank you for using QuadIX and we hope to see you again in the future.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@_Nic said:

Clearly you didn't. As you can see above.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2016

It happened at least twice to me that I had chosen "at the end of the billing period", left out the comment about the cancellation and got sent back to the page because of the missing comment. WHMCS magically changes the state to "immediate cancellation" then. If you re-submit the request without looking again, shit hits the fan. That's more of a WHMCS problem than Volumedrive's fault.

Thanked by 2_Nic netomx
  • _Nic_Nic Member
    edited May 2016

volumedrive said: This email sent to you explicitly stated "The service will be terminated within the next 24 hours".

Yes, but it's not "immediate", it's not bold, it's in the penultimate line, and it's in spam folder :).
    Alert on page is more effective.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

_Nic said: Yes, but it's not "immediate", it's not bold, it's in the penultimate line, and it's in spam folder :).

Would you like me to spoon-feed your dinner, sir?

• @_Nic said:
    Yes, but it's not "immediate", it's not bold, it's in the penultimate line, and it's in spam folder :).
    Alert on page is more effective.

OK, that's just nitpicking now.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • awvnxawvnx Member

This is why I wait until the last minute to cancel servers, after checking their policy on how far ahead you have to submit requests.

A long time ago when I was on Softlayer I was lucky enough to be able to call them up and have them cancel the server reclaim process at the last minute or else I had some recent data that I would have lost.

• BitmapBitmap Member
    edited May 2016

@volumedrive: OK, the automatic generated email that was sent to you obviously states that an Inmediate Cancellation was requested – have you done what the OP has stated his step-by-step was to try and reproduce to see if the form is behaving incorrectly?

If you have and there's no issue, fair enough – if there is an issue with your form(s) and how they're handled, admit there's an issue and fix it.

edited May 2016

@Amitz said:
    It happened at least twice to me that I had chosen "at the end of the billing period", left out the comment about the cancellation and got sent back to the page because of the missing comment. WHMCS magically changes the state to "immediate cancellation" then. If you re-submit the request without looking again, shit hits the fan. That's more of a WHMCS problem than Volumedrive's fault.
    @Bitmap said:
    @volumedrive: OK, the automatic generated email that was sent to you obviously states that an Inmediate Cancellation was requested – have you done what the OP has stated his step-by-step was to try and reproduce to see if the form is behaving incorrectly?

If you have and there's no issue, fair enough – if there is an issue with your form(s) and how they're handled, admit there's an issue and fix it.

Please refer to this comment from Amitz. This is exactly how the WHMCS portal works. If you omit text from the box, it will refresh the page and revert back to immediate cancellation asking you to enter a reason for cancellation. You need to then double check the option you originally wanted is correctly selected. When a cancellation request is submitted, we have no reason to doubt the time-frame requested for cancellation.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

_Nic said: Yes, but it's not "immediate", it's not bold, it's in the penultimate line, and it's in spam folder

Thanked by 3Amitz emre22 vpsguy
  • sinsin Member

awvnx said: This is why I wait until the last minute to cancel servers, after checking their policy on how far ahead you have to submit requests.

That's exactly what I do - I don't cancel my servers unless I really want them canceled right then and there and I always make sure I have backups.