Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm looking for a provider that can be loaded Tails OS.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'm looking for a provider that can be loaded Tails OS.

02mia0202mia02 Member
edited May 2016 in Requests

Hi, I am looking for a provider that could Tails OS installed or loaded. Location was definitely should not be the United States and United Kingdom. A virtual server can be managed remotely via VNC (Remote desktop, etc.). Waiting for your offer.

Comments

• Kinda defeating the purpose of TailsOS mate...

You can config a VPS to use Tor you know. Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu... take your pick.

Thanked by 1Zappie
  • 02mia0202mia02 Member

@grimsdottir said:
    Kinda defeating the purpose of TailsOS mate...

You can config a VPS to use Tor you know. Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu... take your pick.

Am I not find Tails OS installed?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Any spec and budget?

• @02mia02

TailsOS isn't really meant to be "installed" on anything other than a USB stick. The whole point is that it isn't "installed" and you can walk away from the session like a burner phone.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

Tails and Tor in general is mainly used by very bad people (terrorists etc) no real need for it.

• CasterCaster Member

@TarZZ92 said:
    Tails and Tor in general is mainly used by very bad people (terrorists etc) no real need for it.

Also used to transmit confidential data. Don't think always negative !

Thanked by 2sayem314 vpsGOD
  • 02mia0202mia02 Member

@TarZZ92 said:

True talk properly!

@Caster said:

@TarZZ92 said:

Also used to transmit confidential data. Don't think always negative !

Thank you.

@pbgben said:
    Any spec and budget?

LET prices should be like.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

Caster said: Also used to transmit confidential data. Don't think always negative !

i said in general.

• 02mia0202mia02 Member

@TarZZ92 said:

Caster said: Also used to transmit confidential data. Don't think always negative !

i said in general.

People who know very well what happened.

• dailydaily Member

@TarZZ92 said:

No.. just completely wrong. Wow.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

dailymc said: No.. just completely wrong. Wow.

clearly not. it's used by really bad criminals, Terrorists, illegal downloads etc.

• dailydaily Member
    edited May 2016

@TarZZ92 said:

So are guns, knives, kitchen knives, blenders, toilets, public restrooms, trucks, money (a big one), the normal Internet, books, and everything else. Don't ruin a very cool technologies' reputation because you heard something on the news.

LowEndTalk is also commonly used by criminals. You hang here, don't you?

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

dailymc said: So are guns, knives, kitchen knives, blenders, toilets, public restrooms, trucks, money (a big one), the normal Internet, books, and everything else. Don't ruin a very cool technologies' reputation because you heard something on the news.

it's nothing about news lol. it's a matter of fact what i said, not opinion.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@TarZZ92 said:

i said in general.

Based on what information? Genuinely interested.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

Nekki said: Based on what information? Genuinely interested.

public info. and why would someone have to use such a system in the first place? criminal intentions maybe?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2016

According to the most Goverments, everyone is a Terrorist.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@TarZZ92 said:

Nekki said: Based on what information? Genuinely interested.

public info. and why would someone have to use such a system in the first place? criminal intentions maybe?

Come on, throw me a bone here, at least point to a source or two.

Lots of reasons I can think of that people might want to use a system like that that are in no way related to criminal activity.

Thanked by 2sayem314 Amitz
  • emgemg Veteran

@TarZZ92 said:

I use Tor ... :

• ... To look up medical issues for the family.
    • ... To communicate security vulnerabilities that I have stumbled upon, to the vendors who can fix them.
    • ... For academic research on sensitive topics.
    • ... When I want to look at some website that is being blocked by my firewall. I could configure an exception on the firewall, but Tor is faster and more efficient for a one-time "peek".
    • ... and other similar honest, law-abiding purposes where I do not want to be tracked by search engines and providers.

I know many others, both inside and outside government, who use Tor and similar technologies for many law abiding purposes. While Tor may be misused for illegal purposes, there is a large group of "silent" people who use it in the best ways possible. Some people depend on it for their very lives.

Simply put @TarZZ92 is wrong about Tor.

• fxffxf Member

@TarZZ92 said:

Call the fire department! This post is gonna burn this whole thread down!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

emg said: Simply put @TarZZ92 is wrong about Tor.

He said two things.

I think many here disagree with this "no real need for it" point.

How much it's terrorists/pedophiles vs. enslaved populations yearning to breathe free is a rather tedious argument we've had before.

fxf said: Call the fire department! This post is gonna burn this whole thread down!

Let's not and say we don't any more.

• 02mia0202mia02 Member

Start thoroughly ridiculous. Administrators can you please delete this topic?

Thank you. @jarland

This discussion has been closed.