Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to Serverpilot?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to Serverpilot?

Could anyone recommend a serverpilot alternative? Thanks!

Comments

• edited May 2016

Not really, but I've helped a partner migrate from ServerPilot over to AjentiV before. Didn't like it very much though. The configs for WP on Ajenti were easy, just copying from the DO guide works. Not a fan of it though, it's pretty slow but bearable if you hardly need to setup new sites.

Personally my partner told me that he needed a migration as he wanted stuff like caching to be put in place, and other things to be installed onto the server.

The databases were cluttered as hell especially with the weird hash they have for the naming, moved on to start using our own custom scripts that was pretty neat, never regretted the decision.

Don't really liked having my server being controlled by a third party, anyway.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@MissFortune said:
    Could anyone recommend a serverpilot alternative? Thanks!

Why would you need an alternative to ServerPilot? i'm curious as to what issue you faced?

• even I am curious to know why moving away from serverpilot.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • try this free alternative

git clone https://github.com/joglomedia/LEMPer.git

• @masedi said:
    try this free alternative

oh ghost

• runcloud.io

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited September 2017

I am a happy camper with runcloud that does more than just what serverpilot does at the same cost. Use this link to get a free trial for 15 days (yes it is a referral link). If you do the trial from the website, you get 5 days.

• i really hate affiliates. I will remove that fucking cookie. You bitch.

• @cheapwebdev said:
    I am a happy camper with runcloud that does more than just what serverpilot does at the same cost. Use this link to get a free trial for 15 days (yes it is a referral link). If you do the trial from the website, you get 5 days.

Same cost for 1 server, free for any further. RunCloud premium is account based while Serverpilot is server based.