Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finding 50 GB HDD/2 TB bandwidth VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Finding 50 GB HDD/2 TB bandwidth VPS

PrelatePrelate Member
edited February 2013 in General

Hello!

I hope you can help with finding VPS hosting for my website. We've been using BuyVM 512 for almost two years already. They are doing a great job, but, unfortunately, there was a lot of downtime lately and the biggest problem is site's availability from Russia, which became much worse since they moved to Vegas.

I'll try to contact their support first, but I wonder if it's possible to find any geographically closer alternative (like in Europe) with at least 512 MB/1 GB RAM, 50 GB HDD and 2 TB bandwidth for about $7/month. As I said, it's mostly used for hosting a website, but we also run a simple IRC channel bot on it.

Comments

• Hi,

We can do

4x e5 2620 cores
    1gb Ram
    50gb hd
    2x1gbit
    Germany

For $6.95

• dosserverscadosserversca Member
    edited February 2013

Hi,
    You can check betavps.net
    We provide 10mbps for every vps so its 3.2TB per month

• If u r fine with yearly payments you can try Torqhost for their Level 1++.
    They are in the Estonia and I have very decent pings to them from Russia.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1238398

Not sure how they treat IRC and ohw stable they are (got them few weeks ago, but very good so far).

Also MiniVPS are great and in UK/FR. I'm running my .ru sites with them (FR SSD node). But I'm not aware if they have any plans which will suit you atm.

Otherwise ND are good too at least as I've heard here, but not checked them myself.

• PrelatePrelate Member
    edited February 2013

@BradND said: We can do

4x e5 2620 cores

1gb Ram
    50gb hd
    2x1gbit
    Germany

What's the bandwitch amount? I see "Unmetered Inbound / 350GB Out" for your $6.95 KVM plan.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

The only downtime there has been in the past 2 - 3 weeks has been a select few nodes that have bad ram. Alas, I simply didn't get enough time on my first trip to fix that up.

If you're in Russia you should be using our NY location since it'll be 60ms closer :)

If you're on node20 then I apologize, at this point Anthony has already pulled almost everyone, if not everyone, off the nodes with the bad sticks.

I'll be in Vegas in ~2 weeks to handle the hardware side of things.

Francisco

• @prelate we will push it up to 2tb :)

• I can do 2TB in UK, we have bonded 1Gbit but I'm not that crazy.. >.>

Drop me a PM if you would like to take me up on this offer.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

Choopa NJ I think I have one or two slots left. $24 a year is my offer