Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared Hosting Suggestion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared Hosting Suggestion

darknessendsdarknessends Member
edited February 2013 in General

I would like to have suggestions for trustable good shared hosting with nice offers.

Comments

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

How much space are you looking for?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Where? (what location) If you are looking for around Europe, I can do it pretty cheap.

• Looking for cpanel based good offers from host that won't run quickly.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@darknessends said: Looking for cpanel based good offers from host that won't run quickly.

There are many of those, but what specifications are you looking for, what reigion do you want the server located etc.?

• No specific region.

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited February 2013

We can offer you shared hosting
    If you need a custom plan contact us or send me a PM
    Link in my sig

We won't run, i promise :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2013

Me. It will always be an important product to me. Never secondary. :)

• Still recommendations have been provided by no one.

• GoDaddy

hue

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

We offer high quality shared hosting, powered by cPanel. Servers located at Hivelocity Datacenter in Tampa, FL. All shared servers have four fast server-grade SAS drives in RAID10.
    We're not going anywhere, and have been providing web hosting since 2010, and publicly under the ShoveHost name since 2011. Softaculous is included so you can install WordPress, etc. with one click. ShoveHost is a CloudFlare Certified Partner (working on becoming a CloudFlare optimized partner)
    Link to view plans/pricing:
    https://shovehost.com/cart.php?gid=1

• bnmklbnmkl Member
    edited February 2013

trustable good shared hosting

These are both LEB winners @darknessends.

Europe: IperWeb (Prometeus) - @prometeus, @Maounique
    http://iperweb.com/site/hosting.php

US: RamHost - @ramnet
    http://www.ramhost.us/?page=features

edited February 2013

This will never be a regular allotment/price for me, but I've been wanting to work up a promo for my shared hosting. It can't compete with the offers on WHT, which I'm sure are down to $0.15/decade at this point, but if it were a VPS you'd call it "managed" and I don't want it to outgrow our ability to provide fast support.

10GB Storage
    500GB Bandwidth
    20 FTP Accounts
    20 E-mail Addresses
    Unlimited Domains
    cPanel/Softaculous
    $3/month or $30/year
    https://catalysthost.com/clientarea/cart.php?a=add&pid=49

• @jarland said: $3/month or $30/year

You're calling this a promo..?

edited February 2013

@murky said: You're calling this a promo..?

Yes. My regular is $4 for 2GB storage.

@jarland said: if it were a VPS you'd call it "managed" and I don't want it to outgrow our ability to provide fast support

Quality > quantity.

Haven't met a lot of the penny providers who will spend all afternoon fixing broken CMS plugins for their clients or repairing bad upgrades.

@jarland I spent about two hours fixing somebody's WordPress install the other day. They signed up for a $1/mo promo for half a year. So that's not necessarily true.

edited February 2013

@shovenose said: They signed up for a $1/mo promo for half a year. So that's not necessarily true.

That's all fine and dandy, but if you had 500 clients at that price and all of them had similar needs on a weekly basis, you wouldn't be able to afford to keep up. My prices are set for scale, and I don't do bottom of the barrel promos for shared as I don't need them. You pick me because you want service, not because it's a good deal. Bargain hunters not welcome :)

edited February 2013

@jarland not every one of the 500 clients would need that level of assistance though. Me and Alex (staff at ShoveHost, don't think he's on this forum yet though) can handle everything just fine, no problem. Just saying my experience and saying why we're a good choice for shared cPanel web hosting. Feel free to sign up for it, and you'll see that just because it's cheap doesn't mean it sucks. We don't offer "unlimited" we're very clear about what you get - while none of our clients actually use up all the disk space on their plans, we would allow it should they use all of the storage for purposes compliant to our terms of service and acceptable use policies.
    Likewise, servers are hosted at Hivelocity. This is a premium datacenter and not cheap. Not OVH!

edited February 2013

@shovenose said: not every one of the 500 clients would need that level of assistance though. Me and Alex (staff at ShoveHost, don't think he's on this forum yet tho) can handle everything just fine, no problem. Just saying my experience and saying why we're a good choice for shared cPanel web hosting.

What datacenter, RAID, how frequently do you backup off site, how many upstream providers?

There's a lot of reasons for setting price, and competing with the lowest offers around is a bad reason. I'm not saying yours is bad I'm just saying that I'm not competing. I'm more than happy to turn away anyone who doesn't like my prices.

• If i have the choice (And i am looking for something similar atm) im going to be choosing CatalystHost any day of the week.

ShoveHost keep talking up a big game yet they haven't been in business long enough to back it up and some of the posts you make hear worry me tbh. Something to think about before you start telling others how to run their business.

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited February 2013

I recommend @Damian

But I do trust @jarland for serious stuff

@GetKVM_Ash said: If i have the choice (And i am looking for something similar atm) im going to be choosing CatalystHost any day of the week.

Flattery will get you.... everywhere ;)

@BronzeByte said: I recommend @Damian

Also, this.

@jarland I already explained. Hardware RAID 10, 4x High Performance Enterprise Grade SAS disks, Xeon CPUs, and routes regularly take Level3 to get to the websites.

edited February 2013

@shovenose said: I already explained. Hardware RAID 10, 4x High Performance Enterprise Grade SAS disks, Xeon CPUs, and routes regularly take Level3 to get to the websites.

Congrats :)

I ran Catalyst for a year with 0 paying clients. I don't compete.

edited February 2013

@jarland:

I ran Catalyst for a year with 0 paying clients. I don't compete

I started my hosting business with less than $50. HostGator Reseller with free WHMCS, got a promo on a .com registration for my domain, and then an SSL for like $7. You can't say the same. Obviously I'm not using that crappy reseller account anymore, but scalability is possible, even with not spending a crap ton of money to get "0 clients"

edited February 2013

@shovenose said: You can't say the same

Right, because I didn't get in it to swim in the sea of shared hosting providers that install cPanel and suddenly feel qualified. I'm part of the product, and I know what my time is worth. I don't know how that compares to you, don't really care to, but I cannot spend the time paying attention to every little detail, auditing my server anywhere from daily to weekly, providing full support, and scale at the same quality while charging pennies.

If you've found the magic way to do it, more power to you. I'm not here to argue with you. If I haven't made it clear, I couldn't care less what everyone else is charging or thinks they can scale with. They aren't me, and I'm part of the product, therefore they aren't comparable. That may seem like I'm elevating my own importance, but you'd be seeing it wrong. I'm not just selling the product, I'm selling the system administrator that comes with it. To sell yourself, you better believe in yourself.

Now enough of you, meet me in "the cest pit" if you'd like to measure penises. This guy wants shared suggestions. Make your offer, don't worry about mine.

• @BronzeByte said: I recommend @Damian

Thanks. New shared hosting server is up and running too, running hardware RAID 10.

• @shovenose said: You can't say the same.

Ehh, I use @jarland 's services and find them to be top-notch; i'm not sure how this is relevant. All of us have a different method.

@Damian can't turn down nice web hosting for $1/month. Ordered. But that's offtopic...