Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostbill now has a free version - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostbill now has a free version

Comments

• "Updates are possible only when security risk is detected" Guessing they just added that?

• They did it a few hours after. Though i did notice some terrible english on the website..

• @OSACOM said: Though i did notice some terrible english on the website..

I would say it is safe to say they aren't an american company based on the SSL name:

• @Spencer said: they aren't an american company

That's a lot of Z's.

• Hmmm...

http://extras.hostbillapp.com/introducing-hostbill-free-version/

What is HostBill Free?
    HostBill Free is special HostBill version – as older brother its released every week and share same features, but with some limitations.

So, is it updated or not?

• I think it's on version 4.3.4 like the paid version as of right now, but when new updates come out...they somehow prevent you from updating it.

• @imagine said: So, is it updated or not?

Basically, anyone who gets it now, if they release a update in like 3 months for it, any existing people can't get the latest update, however new customers can.

• Might be interesting for those who want an in-house system, where only staff and not clients login. If it works, updates aren't required ;) And if it's in-house on a LAN, security is not less of an issue.

• Any good site with Hostbill / whmcs themes? (free or paid, doesn't matter)

• Now their websites says:

Updates are possible only when security risk is detected

http://hostbillfree.hostbillapp.com/index.php?/page/free-hostbill-limitations7Fd7/

• Yeah, it was the as older brother its released every week part that threw me, it just reads to me as a complete contrast to their features page.

I'll presume that the features/limitations page is more up-to-date and that it only receives security updates, unlike the "updates every week like the paid versions" as is implied in the aforementioned quote.

• You guys want to pay nothing but still get the $400 version with weekly updates? Oh okay.

• @NickO Funny you brought up the $400 price tag. I'm still not seeing Hostbill being anywhere near that much judging by the current state of its development...team?

• @NickO said: You guys want to pay nothing but still get the $400 version with weekly updates? Oh okay.

Seems like releasing software with bugs, then not fixing it except after paying money, lacks scruples.

• @fizzyjoe908 said: development...team?

There's nothing wrong with their development team. Updates are rolling out every week. It's the business plan/team that needs to be rethought.

@Damian said: Seems like releasing software with bugs, then not fixing it except after paying money, lacks scruples.

They said they would fix bugs/security vulnerabilities.

• @NickO said: Updates are rolling out every week.

That is very annoying. I don't want to upgrade software all the time.

• @DamienSB said: That is very annoying. I don't want to upgrade software all the time.

Then don't upgrade it....

• @jhadley said: Was expecting a client limit like SPBAS, but the limits they have imposed are a bit sad. Nonetheless I'm sure well see a lot of new HB users.

Hrm I'm sure Parallels will have some input on their product name eventually. Parallels Business Automation Standard.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

HostBill is stupid.

• What if WHMCS "created" hostbill app just to make people love WHMCS?

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited February 2013

I don't get it, why catch like $400 or $500 at once while you could have a solid income if you offered monthly licenses

• HostBill is no longer free and the "test" is now over. Can anyone confirm if there license still works?

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited February 2013

What? lol
    http://hostbillfree.hostbillapp.com/index.php?/page/free-hostbill-limitations7Fd7/

Thank you for taking part in HostBill Free test. Free version is no longer available. 
  • jhjh Member

@DalComp said: Thank you for taking part in HostBill Free test. Free version is no longer available.

That was a cheap shot

• @DalComp said: Thank you for taking part in HostBill Free test. Free version is no longer available.

Lmfao!

• @NickO said: You guys want to pay nothing but still get the $400 version with weekly updates? Oh okay.

That's not what I was saying, it was just conflicting content on their site.

Besides, it looks as if the free version is no longer, but the owned licenses kept their newly hiked price.

• I can still login and download the free hostbill version. Though I haven't put the license to test.

Has licenses be returned?

• My god, imagine if you actually bought the software and tried to use it. I wonder if it's as schizophrenic as the company.

• @OSACOM said: Has licenses be returned?

My license works.