Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap VPS in USA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap VPS in USA

RobotexRobotex Member
edited May 2016 in Requests

As title says, I'm looking for one budget VPS in the USA for running two 12 slots game instances of a small game server (L4D2).
The game server itself isn't particulary resource hungry, 768 MB RAM, 20 GB SSD/HDD and 1 vCPU > 2 Ghz should be fine, however during peak times each game instance might hold between 20-45% of the single vCPU and rest of day 2% when empty/idle.
My budget is of $2-2.5/month or $25-30/year (for the latter, a free trial would be prefered), I know it's not a lot but I'm just exploring the overseas user base and evaluating if I should have a presence there

Comments

• VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

Pure SSD, Xen, Seattle based: (one time 75% off promo summer16)

4core 1GB 30GB 3TB $17.85/year <--- 3 day money back guarantee for trial.

If you want monthly, our cache line might be a better fit.

• L4D2 servers get filled up all the time since the stupid matchmaking thing uses community servers. Not sure if you can restrict that to only steam group connection or direct ip connection though.

I would personally suggest a dedicated cpu core VPS for the peace in mind, it just does worth it for the chance of being suspended for high resource usage (and/or ddos).

• RobotexRobotex Member

Virpus said:

Thanks, I'll give it a shot if none else pops out with an another offer.

@TheOnlyDK said:

Sure a dedicated cpu core would fit better, however it's just a test and I'm not even sure that it will be filled (it's a self remade copy of someone's else custom game mode based on Versus mode, which some may like and some don't, leaving immediately). For just surveying the users base paying the full price of a core would be an overkill for me as I don't take donations, also it has to be public because I want to see if overseas players enjoy my idea.

By the way, I have been running 8 instances for two months already on 4 budget vps from two different providers in EU and till now I haven't gotten any complaint from them, so hopefully it will be fine.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@Robotex said:
    As title says, I'm looking for one budget VPS in the USA for running two 12 slots game instances of a small game server (L4D2).
    The game server itself isn't particulary resource hungry, 768 MB RAM, 20 GB SSD/HDD and 1 vCPU > 2 Ghz should be fine, however during peak times each game instance might hold between 20-45% of the single vCPU and rest of day 2% when empty/idle.
    My budget is of $2-2.5/month or $25-30/year (for the latter, a free trial would be prefered), I know it's not a lot but I'm just exploring the overseas user base and evaluating if I should have a presence there

We do that for you with KVM $25 per year and come with 20Gbps DDoS Mitigation.