Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS is it possible to update invoice date after renew
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS is it possible to update invoice date after renew

Is it possible to do so? As some clients may not renew the service on time, it is a bit hard work to update every service due date manually. is it possible to update the new due date beginning from the date when the pay the renew invoice?

Comments

• What you're doing/trying to do sounds like hell to an accountant/bookkeeper.

• VeskoVVeskoV Member, Host Rep

It sounds like you are trying to reinstate a terminated service with a new due date, is that the case? It would be easier for you and your accountant if you do not do that and create new orders instead.

• Yes, it’s possible to update the invoice , we can create a separate add-on to do this activity automatically.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

You should encourage your clients to pay you on time instead.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • catdingcatding Member

is there any more key point to suggest?

@whmcssmarters said:
    Yes, it’s possible to update the invoice , we can create a separate add-on to do this activity automatically.

• catdingcatding Member

no. we set 14 days after suspension to terminate, clients can choose to pay the renew invoice during the 14 suspension days, and service will be back online when paid. but the invoice date would be count from the old date.
    Is it possible to make it count from the day when he pay the invoice?

@VeskoV said:
    It sounds like you are trying to reinstate a terminated service with a new due date, is that the case? It would be easier for you and your accountant if you do not do that and create new orders instead.

• catdingcatding Member

it is hard a bit for us to do so..

@KuJoe said:
    You should encourage your clients to pay you on time instead.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited May 2016

@catding said:
    no. we set 14 days after suspension to terminate, clients can choose to pay the renew invoice during the 14 suspension days, and service will be back online when paid. but the invoice date would be count from the old date.

Why would you want to change the next due date?

If I purchase a service on the 2nd of May, it means that each month the invoice will be due on the 2nd.

Lets say for the invoice due on the 2nd of September I delay it and pay it on the 10th of September. I'm still paying though for the period from 2nd of September - 2nd of October - if you change the next due date to the 10th of October you've given me 8 days of free service basically so in this case i'm going to delay paying every single month to get free service! lol

• rds100rds100 Member

You can change the next due date in the product details in WHMCS and this will change the 'nextduedate' field in the database, but it will not change the 'nextinvoicedate' field. You need a manual database edit for this (or script it / automate it somehow).

Better don't play with changing the date, i.e. make them pay for the time the VPS was suspended too. After all the resources like disk space and dedicated IP address were still used during that time, even if RAM, CPU and bandwidth were not.

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • catdingcatding Member

@zafouhar @rds100 as I am not providing VPS service, just using WHMCS as a billing system. so need to update to next due date manually every time when they forgot to renew on time. it is a hard work to do so, and may miss some invoice at times.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I don't understand why you need to do so much work when you don't need to, what are you offering exactly? Personally I don't like the idea of giving people free resources.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • catdingcatding Member

I am providing VPN. so there is resources needed when suspended.

@KuJoe said:
    I don't understand why you need to do so much work when you don't need to, what are you offering exactly? Personally I don't like the idea of giving people free resources.

• rds100rds100 Member

Since VPN is not something persistent why don't you automatically terminate the service when the invoice is overdue, and they can just reorder when they want?

• catdingcatding Member

sometime it would be great for client to renew than to place a new order.

@rds100 said:
    Since VPN is not something persistent why don't you automatically terminate the service when the invoice is overdue, and they can just reorder when they want?