Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Switching from EOR - Problems (Need a new provider)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Switching from EOR - Problems (Need a new provider)

alterarchalterarch Member
edited February 2013 in Providers

Ever since End of Reality made their move out of colocrossing, I have been getting pretty poor speeds, with frequent dropouts and disconnections (Tested side by side with BuyVM servers which are performing great, so it is no longer me, thanks @Francisco :) ). I have been looking for a provider that can match their pricing by quarter or by month and have the same limitations (Private VPN, private proxies, ZNC allowed).

The current plan I am on is at:
http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/end-of-reality-15quarter-2gb-openvz-vps-in-dallas-buffalo-chicago/
although idealy I wouldn't mid IPv6 support and maybe a bit more diskspace :)

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

Woops, thought this was a PM.

I'll tuck my nose out :)

Glad it's working nicely.

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

$5/m 2GB? Maybe @CVPS_Kevin

• alterarchalterarch Member
    edited February 2013

@jarland said: $5/m 2GB? Maybe @CVPS_Kevin

I am not really looking for a a Chicago VPS server, since their posts on LET seem to be a bit arrogant and I don't trust Chris completely X( .

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited February 2013

Tough pricing. Couldn't remember any provider other than ChicagoVPS and WeLoveServer.
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/8143/2gb-ram-vps-15quarter-or-1gb-ram-vps-3.99mo.-now-in-dallas-and-los-angeles

• @alterarch said: I am not really looking for a a Chicago VPS server, since their posts on LET seem to be a bit arrogant and I don't trust Chris completely X( .

Not just their posts on LET I can tell you. Even the support e-mails have a hint of arrogance.

• I just finished transfering mine. IMHO it's too early to say if it will be better or worse than before, especially when every one is transfering. Right now, every thing is better (disk speed, cpu, etc) except the network: latency is the same and speed is a bit lower. However, it must be quite busy right now. I know I transfered more data during the last hours than during a normal week (and it may be the same for others too). EOR is n°5 on my personnal list (which has 48 running VPS) so I'm definitively giving them time to adjust. So far they have always done a very good job.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I was about to make a comment on your budget, but hey, it's LET. :)

• I can match that in our choopa datacenter.

• @alterarch said: I am not really looking for a a Chicago VPS server, since their posts on LET seem to be a bit arrogant and I don't trust Chris completely X( .

Oh no, that must really affect your VPS performance! :(

• We'll match it in any location.

Atlanta, California, Texas, Chicago, New York, or Kansas.

• Submit a ticket at NodeDeploy and we'll see what we can do for you. :)

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@hostingwizard_net said: Right now, every thing is better (disk speed, cpu, etc) except the network: latency is the same and speed is a bit lower.

I'm certainly getting better CPU. Can't say much about network, but it seems like it's reasonable; I guess speed isn't too important for me though, so maybe that's why I didn't notice any decrease.

• @murky said: Oh no, that must really affect your VPS performance! :(

Once again, you have completely missed the point. Sometimes I wonder if you can even put two and two together...

Thanks guys for the offers. @Francisco and I have been talking and I think I might try out their 512MB server since so far, they have had the best speed out of all the providers I know.

• @alterarch Right now networks may be more saturated because of all of the migrations that are currently taking place. Definitely send in a ticket with us and we can track the issue for you. More than likely you will experience much better speeds after these next few days when everyone is completely migrated :)

• SPSP Member

I am hoping for much better speeds at the new location myself. Was getting really poor throughput at the old place, and high latency. Their support is top notch, so hoping this move will fix those few issues.

• @eoreality_robby I have but the response was that it was an issue on my side, when I even sent in pings run at the same time with BuyVM server which had no issues.

• @Jack said: Buffalo.

That's in New York.

• @Ishaq said: That's in New York.

That would be great. The BuyVM server struggles as Jenkins uses around ~800MB of RAM. You guys allow VPN's, private proxies etc.? Would it also be possible for me to get a 24 hour trial to see how it goes?

• I allow private proxies and vps in our Piscataway NJ location.

• Private proxy and private vpn is allowed, No IRC (Client or server) though. But we can not match their price with 2gb ram :(

• I can match the price and ram. Hit me up if your interested.

• @24khost Can you PM me some test IPs?

• @alterarch sorry I also should state no irc.

ip 108.61.89.147

• but hosting a bot on it shouldn't be a problem, as long as it is not hammering the system.