Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rage4 DNS Counts Inflated Queries - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rage4 DNS Counts Inflated Queries

124»

Comments

• @gbshouse said:
    @HackedServer - we hope to publish new pricing within next 3-4 weeks. For sure all the packets will have unlimited number of requests. Additionally we will add build-in monitoring and few more nice features :)

Awesome! I'll wait and see what they are before I make a decision.

• FuslFusl Member
    edited June 2016

Butters said: Never use any service where william is involved like Rage4, Airvpn or ...

Kind of funny considering his projects (which includes some providers here now we/he owns, some pretty deep cooperations including investments and much more you can't even think of) all have a positive income record, which means in simple terms, profit? Can't be that bad i guess.

If you have issues with him then also carry them out in a place where he is able to respond, not like he is hard to reach at all.

gbshouse said: @Butters William is not involved in Rage4, just minor shareholder

You maybe want to look at the structure of your own company, regardless of percentage of ownership William is the largest shareholder outside of you/your wife. In fact, the only one. Your company would not have been possible at all without his support back then, you had neither contacts to any network providers nor IP space, he arranged your BGP sessions and gave you the base to even start from and continued to provide what was possible, even in the not so easy times (like getting VR to do whitelisting from the hospital back then) for either of our sides.

Does that deserve some gratitude?

Thanked by 3vimalware MikePT Kris
  • Fusl said: If you have issues with him then also carry them out in a place where he is able to respond, not like he is hard to reach at all.

<3

Just because i own it or parts of it does not imply i control it or even have interest in doing that, and why the fuck would i run my own projects/investments into the ground? I love money (SOOOO MUCH), it would be just stupid to do that. I also like to have people think highly of me, so this would be not exactly "ego nicing" either, neither would be any "scam". It's unreasonable to extremely stupid to assume this.

Neither do i have much interest in managing my/our VPS provider ownerships/investments or most others (like a startup for electronic cars and car-sharing, but thats besides the point here), yes i do take influence on general course and that is my full right within the % i own but day to day operations my ass, i have better things to do and the income i can get for ticket replies (or running a whole VPS provider, or even a bunch of them) is a joke. I provide guidance and specific things, not day to day operations.

As said all i had before, this includes my own ventures so 51%+ only, were successful and i mostly stopped out of no interest anymore or personal problems, but never by payment issues or "scam out". All companies i worked for as normal employee on whatever level were also left more successful when i left, and yea, some managed to run that down easily again as well. Most of "cash injection" or "supply" investments, including Rage4, are profitable as well even if not too much. Point in case, there are some users that paid 2011 for 5 years VPS before i closed down a venture, they are all still active at the same ISP/IP/node and have been kept like this since then until their term expires.

And i can pretty much tweet about what i want, fact is i own a part of it - I deserve a notification about the cause and current status BEFORE the users but AT LEAST at the same time. It's not like we did not try to contact, he was unreachable in Skype for @fusl at the time also.

So, let me boil it down to absolute zero for you all:

I = give $investment

service = unavailable/problematic/not good

users = leaving/cancelling/bad reviews etc.

investment = less worth

==

Personal loss in future by devaluation of company and possible image damage for me and the company.

Now, think about it seriously for a second - there are problems, i might not have the power to straight up fix them but using what i have to do what i can - Which's target is increase of my own profit, and thus of the company, and thus having a good/valued product for the users - is a sensible option, if not the only one.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • tommytommy Member

Someone back!

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Hi William

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2016

tommy said: Someone back!

yea, yea yea...

Anyway, i'm up to fix this as i far as i can, and committed to it - my investment at the time was not exactly large money wise but i believe in the concept, service and Piotr's skills to maintain it - they have excellent backend code, and the design (not website...) is pretty good, but it lacks in frontend and some other things which is just not a backend coding/application engineering thing to execute. I also admit that i could have done more before and helped fix some problems earlier/before occurring in production, but it was not my top priority at the time.

I don't know what this exactly entails and don't have too much time currently, but i'll sync up with them and provide whats needed the most currently (eg. coding means time off, which means money - POPs means time, and money - contacts means time, which is money, did i note already how money makes the world go round? amazing...) to keep plans similar or offer a similar package, or maybe something else like an investor or infrastructure partner (i have someone in mind, an Austrian company in fact, no - not that one you think of...) but yea, early stages.

Seems i need to add some travel plans, Klagenfurt is not that far but Dublin is....

• @gbshouse said:
    @HackedServer - we hope to publish new pricing within next 3-4 weeks. For sure all the packets will have unlimited number of requests. Additionally we will add build-in monitoring and few more nice features :)

Any news on this?

Thanked by 1pechspilz
  • gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@HackedServer - almost there ;) we've just released new version of our control panel, new pricing is next on todo list

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @gbshouse said:
    @HackedServer - almost there ;) we've just released new version of our control panel, new pricing is next on todo list

What's the new ETA for that pricing? I'm holding out on doing a bunch of DNS consolidation.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Did you fix the issue of inflated count ?

• One would think that such a serious issue directly affecting customer billing on the query-count based plans would be taken more seriously than "next on todo list". Customers are overpaying 3x the amount they should be billed.
    Fixing the issue should be the highest priority!
    @gbshouse get your shit together because currently you are running a scam service!

Thanked by 1asf
  • @hostdare said:
    Did you fix the issue of inflated count ?

"There are no inflated queries. I built it so I would know"

That's the answer you'll get so whatever.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

As mentioned earlier we are moving away from pay-as-you-go to flat fee based packages. We will also no longer offer free packages. Prices will start from 2€/m or 20€/y for very basic package. Queries will be unlimited but we are going to introduce TTL and number of records limits. We will finalize the pricing next week. New pricing will go live on the 1st of August. Existing zones will be migrated to new packages in August and September. Customers with active flat fee based packages will not be affected.

@tszilassi - whole software stack was audited by third party and no issues were found. No one from LET users contacted use regarding "community" audit (we have offered such possibility) so think twice before you write something.

• What about the undeniable evidence shown through the query tester (generating random requests) project hosted on github? No way denying those results.

@gbshouse said:
    As mentioned earlier we are moving away from pay-as-you-go to flat fee based packages. We will also no longer offer free packages. Prices will start from 2€/m or 20€/y for very basic package. Queries will be unlimited but we are going to introduce TTL and number of records limits. We will finalize the pricing next week. New pricing will go live on the 1st of August. Existing zones will be migrated to new packages in August and September. Customers with active flat fee based packages will not be affected.

@tszilassi - whole software stack was audited by third party and no issues were found. No one from LET users contacted use regarding "community" audit (we have offered such possibility) so think twice before you write something.

Thanked by 3asf Kris sanvit
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

And I still don't know on which package I will end up.

• whole software stack was audited by third party and no issues were found. No one from LET users contacted use regarding "community" audit (we have offered such possibility) so think twice before you write something.

Lol to the very end he claims queries are being counted correctly.

Thanked by 2asf Kris
  • @gbshouse said:
    We will also no longer offer free packages. Prices will start from 2€/m or 20€/y for very basic package.
    New pricing will go live on the 1st of August. Existing zones will be migrated to new packages in August and September. Customers with active flat fee based packages will not be affected.

How does this affect my partner account? Does that mean come August/September my zones will stop working unless I buy into these new plans?
    Through Prometeus I signed up for a 1yr account

Rage4 DNS Account (2016/02/08 - 2017/02/07) €12.00
    https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?gid=2

If that's the case, I'd like to hear from a Prometeus rep what their thoughts are, since the account was through them and their partnership (but I forgot who is part of Prometeus here).

• AmitzAmitz Member

HackedServer said: (but I forgot who is part of Prometeus here)

@Maounique

Thanked by 1HackedServer
  • I've just integrated rage4 into my automatic DNS failover system. Would be a charm if I had to throw this work away because of a new pricing strategy that would make my system economically unfeasible.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • Without @BunnySpeed you would be all still ripped off

DNS Mafia

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2016

@Butters said:
    Without @BunnySpeed you would be all still ripped off

DNS Mafia

On the case! (Just kidding~) Now all the users of their partner program will haunt me...