Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to creat teamplate from any live vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to creat teamplate from any live vps

raihan0888raihan0888 Member
edited February 2013 in General

Can you please share how I able to creat teamplate from any live server/vps?
Suggest me as a vps node owner and as a vps user which platform(xen,openvz,kvm) is best/easy for this process?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

OpenVZ is easiest. It's basically "zip it, throw it in the template directory."

• @jarland said: OpenVZ is easiest. It's basically "zip it, throw it in the template directory."

as a vps user i able to do it?

You might could construct a template from your VPS for use elsewhere, but I'd ask the host to do it for you. One quick move and they've got a gzipped tarball easily deployed as an OpenVZ template.

• @jarland said: You might could construct a template from your VPS for use elsewhere, but I'd ask the host to do it for you. One quick move and they've got a gzipped tarball easily deployed as an OpenVZ template.

maybe vps provider dont do it for me.I need to do it.I Googling "creat template from openvz" is this ok to search?

If you compress /* in tar.gz and it works properly from inside the container (not sure about permissions on device files and such off the top of my head), it should be a template.