Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impact VPS | High Storage Server Open Beta - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Impact VPS | High Storage Server Open Beta

Comments

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    I believe reinstalling is now working. If someone doesn't have anything important on their server could they give it a test and then post the results here. Main thing broken on reinstall was the network previously.

Will do soon, once I reach back home.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

hawc said: I submitted a reinstall. The page hung for a few seconds, then reloaded with:

Once it completed and your vm resized itself and boot again, did the network work?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Awmusic12635 said:

hawc said: I submitted a reinstall. The page hung for a few seconds, then reloaded with:

Once it completed and your vm resized itself and boot again, did the network work?

Doesnt appear to have. Opening a ticket now.

• Can confirm, network still doesn't work.

edited May 2016

Think I see the issue. Fixed new VMs but have to apply a fix to all existing ones individually. Will update once I have done that

Alright I just spent the last 2 hours or so implementing it for each vm. Please try again

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    Alright I just spent the last 2 hours or so implementing it for each vm. Please try again

34 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 32999ms

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Awmusic12635 said:

34 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 32999ms

Ticket please? Or pm ip

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    Ticket please? Or pm ip

Ticketed.

• @FredQc said:
    This server in "Haarlem" is an Anycast CDN which will always give good results no matter where you are! :)

No it isn't...

TheOnlyDK said: 34 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 32999ms

Looks like this was an isolated issue. Anyone else?

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    I believe reinstalling is now working. If someone doesn't have anything important on their server could they give it a test and then post the results here. Main thing broken on reinstall was the network previously.

How to do that ? Dont see any option to reinstall here !

Thanked by 1bersy
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@Junkless said:
    How to do that ? Dont see any option to reinstall here !

agreed, would try that too, but there are no options available
    . submitted a ticket if that helps - #603423

Junkless said: How to do that ? Dont see any option to reinstall here !

Falzo said: agreed, would try that too, but there are no options available . submitted a ticket if that helps - #603423

Check again now.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Awmusic12635 said:
    Check again now.

it's showing and working now, telling by those rrd graphs it seems like you are using proxmox underneath? very interested how this will work for you as I do find it reliable but can't tell about the modules for integration though...

just did a reinstall from debian 8 to debian 7 without any issues. network is up and running without any need to interfere.

only (very small) thing is, in reinstall option in the control it says installed: debian 8 even after the reinstall (not that this wont bother me at all)

just go and try another install to verify again.

btw: novnc is very nice to have +1. and I suggest adding a gparted image which may come in handy to repair/debug broken installations as a customer ;-)

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

Falzo said: I suggest adding a gparted image

https://system-rescue-cd.org/SystemRescueCd_Homepage Would be far more useful than just gparted image

Thanked by 1lbft
  • lbftlbft Member

SystemRescueCD is definitely more broadly useful for fixing broken systems.

• bersybersy Member
    edited May 2016

It looks like Reinstall is available and working fine now.

SystemRescueCD added to the ISO list as requested.

All beta testers should have gotten an email. Let me know if you didn't get one

• What is new packages?

• tenperatenpera Member

$12.00 USD Monthly ?

tenpera said: $12.00 USD Monthly ?

Base price yes. Discounts will be available through promocodes and specials (there will be a launch one)

• FalzoFalzo Member

sorry to say, but pricing wipes away all of the interest, even after generous discount offered. 24$ per 500GB (before discount)? comparable offers like mnx.io is $7 for 500GB or speedykvm is $8 per month and even cheaper on a yearly base...

maybe that's to LETish way of thinking by me though ;-)

wish you best of luck with your new product line!

Thanked by 1NickMNXio
  • So the product is priced out of LET budget, however was allowed due to being a free (beta).

My personal feeling is something like this should be in offtopic, or the reocuring price be within LET limits and counted as an offer post.

Just my view being another provider, no personal grudge...

@AshleyUk said:
    So the product is priced out of LET budget, however was allowed due to being a free (beta).

My personal feeling is something like this should be in offtopic, or the reocuring price be within LET limits and counted as an offer post.

Just my view being another provider, no personal grudge...

There will be an offer post within limits, you need not worry.

• tenperatenpera Member

@Awmusic12635 worry? nobody's going to buy this anyway, you don't worry.

@Falzo said:
    sorry to say, but pricing wipes away all of the interest, even after generous discount offered. 24$ per 500GB (before discount)? comparable offers like mnx.io is $7 for 500GB or speedykvm is $8 per month and even cheaper on a yearly base...

maybe that's to LETish way of thinking by me though ;-)

wish you best of luck with your new product line!

While the offer may be more expensive than most we do believe it is worth the price. Though if you look at our VDR pricing, it is also by default priced out of LET pricing, however we regularly discount it for offers.

@tenpera said:
    @Awmusic12635 worry? nobody's going to buy this anyway, you don't worry

Lol

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Any plans to roll this out to other locations?