Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do services like these work?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do services like these work?

I am trying to figure out whether or not these kinds of services are legit or not:

https://www.gaapps.com/

From what I see they offer the free / grandfathered edition of Google Apps with a specific number of licenses. However, they state they are able to change the primary domain? How exactly is this possible since you can't add / remove domains anymore?

Comments

• KamAKamA Member, Host Rep

I can't speak for the legitimacy of that site in particular, but I can say that @Rockster is legit. I bought a 50 license account from him + domain change a few hours ago and all was delivered extremely quickly. Not to mention it being cheaper than most sites offering the same.

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

You should just know that such accounts were banned by Google in the past without even offering a way to continue paying for it as it seems to break the ToS. So if you do that, I would not brag about your newly purchased domain to minimize the risk.

Also, adding additional domains gets harder, more and more loopholes are getting closed by Google. They obviously don't like what people are doing to their (legacy) free accounts. There are a few mostly undisclosed methods left, but they'll probably get closed down too in the future.

There's a thread about past issues here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/54552/google-apps-free-account-closed-lost-chromebook-storage-offer/p1 I know there was a second one (with more replies) aswell but I can not find it right now.

TL;DR: Buyers beware, I'd rather pay if you do not want to migrate everything one day and I can't rate your linked website, but it's definitely not the first one doing such business.

• Or just, you know.. MXRoute

Thanked by 3NeoXiD Droid yomero
  • yghostyghost Member, Host Rep

@rockster with great price and speed time :P

• BrandonBrandon Member

@Chalipa said:
    +1 @Rockster

I'll definitely give them a shout.

• drdrakedrdrake Member

Use yandex. Free and better than Gmail.

Thanked by 2yomero Rolter