Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a free VPS for a project
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a free VPS for a project

jsajsa Member

Hi there, LET!

The Nintendo DSi has an application called Flipnote Studio which allows you to create and upload short animations (usually 30 secs to a minute) but the original animation sharing service has now been discontinued. However, I have been working on a re-implementation of the server in Ruby (using the Sinatra framework). The app communicates via HTTP with the server, which returns pages which are coded using a subset of HTML, along with custom binary formats for menus, images, and the animations themselves.

I'm writing here today to ask if anybody would be willing to help me out by providing a free Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 / 14.04) VPS with a public IPv4 address and ports 80/443 open so I can host the server online.
I don't need much in the way of RAM (256MB would do), and 10GB disk is ample. I don't expect very much network traffic and I would route a lot of the traffic through CloudFlare regardless with heavy caching.

If anybody could help me out here, it'd be brilliant. :-)

I wouldn't mind putting a link (with a logo if requested) to the host's website and/or a small ad slot in a prominent location in the sidebar of the main website (the part accessed with a standard web browser).

Many thanks in advance for any help anybody could give. :-)

If anybody would like more information about this don't hesitate to ask.

Thanked by 1pbgben

Comments

• VereloxVerelox Member

We'll be happy to help! Please feel free to drop me a PM and I'll be happy to set you up with the required resources.

Thanked by 1jsa
  • We can also help you with your request. Just a PM is what all needed.

Thanked by 1jsa
  • As a massive Nintendo fan myself, it would be an honor to support this project. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Thanked by 1jsa
  • itgodsitgods Member

PM if you need something in Germany. :)

• We could help you with a VPS in Singapore, Los Angeles, Washington or Frankfurt. Just PM me.

• cociucociu Member

we can help too , pm if you are interesed in ROmania location

• For the time being, you may want to try heroku. It is perfect for the prototype.