Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any vps providers that offer high ram for game servers - Affordable
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any vps providers that offer high ram for game servers - Affordable

Frozen468Frozen468 Member
edited April 2016 in Requests

As the subject states, i need some vps servers for gameservers that don't cost an arm and a leg.

What will be hosted;

• Teamspeak server
  • Minecraft
  • CSGO
  • Rust

RAM: 4-32GB

HDD: 100GB +

I also need some space for backups

Payment method: Paypal/Payza

In need of several servers so many offers are needed.

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• Poor mittens

@Neoon said:

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

Maybe a good idea to mention the kind of hardware resources you're looking for :-)

• Added ram / HDD requirements

@LiteServer said:
    Maybe a good idea to mention the kind of hardware resources you're looking for :-)

• Dont know will someone allow you to host minecraft and csgo on a vps. They use to much cpu and i/o(minecraft). Best solution is dedicated server. https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc you can now pay with paypal and they dont charge now 19€ fee. Also minecraft,rust and teamspeak will be 90% ddosed so you need ddos protection use yoctobox - https://yoctobox.com/client/aff.php?aff=011 (if you want use may aff link) and make gre tunnel :)

• Thank you for the suggestion, if i order i will us the aff

any more suggestions

@emtecro said:
    Dont know will someone allow you to host minecraft and csgo on a vps. They use to much cpu and i/o(minecraft). Best solution is dedicated server. https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc you can now pay with paypal and they dont charge now 19€ fee. Also minecraft,rust and teamspeak will be 90% ddosed so you need ddos protection use yoctobox - https://yoctobox.com/client/aff.php?aff=011 (if you want use may aff link) and make gre tunnel :)

• DaveMateDaveMate Member
    edited April 2016

is OVH really that bad? i know their anti ddos isnt the best, but i mean its not that bad

https://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-ssd.xml

its like £9.99 for 8 gb ram, i quess this is not cheap :O?

• dailydaily Member

What location do you need? Kind of super important.

• MadMad Member
    edited April 2016

It would be much better to get a dedicated if you need those specs. Take a look at Online, WholeSaleInternet, Kimsufi, SYS, DataShack, QuadIX.

OVH VPSs might work as well and they include DDoS Protection.

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited April 2016

We could do the following..

4096MB RAM

200GB SATA RAID1 HDD

10TB Data Transfer PCM (250Mbps)

4x Xeon 2.66GHz vCPU Core(s)

1x Dedicated IPv4 Address

Proxmox VPS Management Interface

Free DDoS Protection

No Service Level Agreement, Sorry!

Unmanaged Support c/w Root Access & BIOS Level NoVNC

Setup Within 1x Business Day (Subject to manual approval)

£9.66 PCM (Includes any fees and charges)

http://virtual6.net/kvm-vps/

If you would like to discuss your requirements further please feel free to drop me a PM here or contact our support using the usual means.

• I would prefer a Europe location, but if its not possible USA would be fine
    1GBps port is a neccesary

@dailymc said:
    What location do you need? Kind of super important.

• ssiw610ssiw610 Member
    edited April 2016

what specs you need?

• @ssiw610 said:
    what specs you need?

It says in the original post...

• I can do them specs for you on voxility location (FL) or psychz in Dallas 4096MB RAM 4 Cores CPU 1 IPv4 200GB /64 v6

• @DaveMate said:
    is OVH really that bad? i know their anti ddos isnt the best, but i mean its not that bad

Ovh network infrastructure is crap they also gas people up to think they have the best DDOS protection. I personally seen them drop with 10mbit of spoof being sent.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@ssiw610 said:

@DaveMate said:

Ovh network infrastructure is crap they also gas people up to think they have the best DDOS protection. I personally seen them drop with 10mbit of spoof being sent.

Never had a problem with their game mitigation, and my servers get dozens of attacks each day.

• ssiw610ssiw610 Member

Maybe someone who is using a crap booter

• ssiw610ssiw610 Member

But someone who actually knows what they are doing sending syn and tcp spoof attacks is another thing. Ovh drops like butter. if someone had a big enough root list.. and is capable of making 600k to 1 million ips from one box. its going to down!

@ssiw610 said:
    Maybe someone who is using a crap booter

Doesn't crap mean it would be bad? Either you're trolling or you're not sure what you are talking about.

• ssiw610ssiw610 Member

Okay I can say this one more time maybe a bit clearer! You were prob getting hit by some retard kid using a paid booter who can't spoof or push enough to drop ovh.

edited May 2016

@ssiw610 said:
    Okay I can say this one more time maybe a bit clearer! You were prob getting hit by some retard kid using a paid booter who can't spoof or push enough to drop ovh.

I see. This isn't the case though. I've had clients hit with 90G+ attacks on other datacenters (who provide in-house mitigation) which I've had to move to OVH, and their issues with the attacks essentially disappeared.

• ssiw610ssiw610 Member

Ah. i guess its just not good if your using it for irc and znc shells etc that require more ports to be open then.

• NikkiNikki Member

Memory isn't as much of an issue as the provider being willing to let you rip a full cpu core or two with CSGO/Minecraft. Sure, 8GB would be fine and dandy for Minecraft, but you don't really need more than 1GB per CSGO server last I saw.

• ssiw610ssiw610 Member

very true Nikki

• Frozen468Frozen468 Member
    edited May 2016

The minecraft server is not really that busy, its for a local set of people who are going to be playing, rust, csgo will be open, maybe ill get a dedicated server for the open minecraft. there will be several plugins installed aswell and maybe a control panel for the game servers also sync backup of all of them (every 24 hours) so im going to need quite a bit of bandwidth aswell. I have got a few pm's with offers, still looking for more, also if you have an offer send me a link to the test file if you have or speedtest, as its pointless having a beast server for the gameservers and slow network connection/capability

Going to need another fileserver (got one the other day for torrents [downloading "linux iso's") for the backups so i need offers on prices for that

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello @Frozen468

It depends what do you call cost an harm, we have a vps offer customer can choose memory between 1Gb and 16Gb if you choose let's say 4Gb vm total price is 26.99 €/mo but you can ask 8 or 16Gb

100mbits unmetered

• EVM_Mike said: @ssiw610 said:

@DaveMate said: is OVH really that bad? i know their anti ddos isnt the best, but i mean its not that bad

Never had a problem with their game mitigation, and my servers get dozens of attacks each day.

I have had issues with them, but their game mitigation is really good :)

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@ssiw610 said:

Game mitigation and their normal mitigation are 2 different kind of beasts. Game mitigation is very good, pro mitigation can be dropped by a lot of public booters.

• ssiw610ssiw610 Member

For their game mitigation do they use something other then the VAC or diff network? I rekon it was all still on the same network.

• Okay, thanks guys, i have gotten quite a few offers and have taken some up, i will be needing another server for a website