Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for relatively powerful DDoS-protected dedicated server or VPS under $60/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for relatively powerful DDoS-protected dedicated server or VPS under $60/mo

Spirit532Spirit532 Member
edited April 2016 in General

Hi. I'm looking for a dedicated or virtual server in the US with specifications equal to or better than the ones listed below:

• Processor: Dual L5630 equivalent or better
  • RAM: >=24GB, can be non-ECC.
  • Storage: HDD or SSD, doesn't matter. >= 200GB
  • Connection: >=100Mbps symmetrical, at least 10TB bandwidth. Only need one IP, but I won't refuse a /29 for management to be separate.
  • And the most important thing that I **absolutely **need - the ability to withstand/mitigate DNS amplification and other DDoS attacks up to 10-30Gbit/s in scale whilst still providing a reliable channel of at least 10/10Mbit/s to the server.
  • Support must be quick and reliable. Live chat or toll-free international phone is a very huge bonus, but I don't expect to have that for the price.

The total budget is $60/month for a completely unmanaged system without OS licenses.

Comments

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited April 2016

Location?

Edit: read too quickly, sorry.

• @teamacc said:
    Location?

Doesn't matter. Either coastal or mid US.

• WickedWicked Member
    edited April 2016

Budget is a bit low, if you had a bigger budget I would recommend https://ddos-guard.net/

Maybe you should look into Trabia, I know they use Voxility and DDoS-Guard for mitigation. Voxility is good for L4 and DDoS-Guard is good for L4-7, DNS, and so on.

Check https://www.trabia.com/technologies.html

Btw, ClouDNS is also partnered with DDoS-Guard so it's obvious they can mitigate the attacks you specified.

EDIT: I see you mentioned US, in that case I will need to think of something else :P

• I can do an E3, 16GB RAM, 10Gbps DDos protection at your budget let me know your thoughts.

• Spirit532Spirit532 Member
    edited April 2016

@Wicked said:
    Maybe you should look into Trabia
    Btw, ClouDNS is also partnered with DDoS-Guard so it's obvious they can mitigate the attacks you specified.

Trabia isn't in the US.

DNS amplification attacks have nothing to do with me. It's UDP replies from open DNS resolvers.

• We can do the following for $60/month. This node is on the SwiftNode network and comes with up to 20Gbps mitigation.

16GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    100GB RAID 1 SSD
    100GB Local HDD (Backup or Extraneous mount)
    10 TB BW on 1Gbps
    1 IPv4
    Los Angeles

If you're interested, PM me please. This is a non-public offer that must be negotiated manually.

I represent GoMach5